On Tuesday, 4th July 2017 at 5pm, JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) declared the results for second allotment 2017 for 97 institutes that are under the Central Seat Allocation Board that includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 Other GFTIs. JoSAA 2017 has been set by the Ministry of Human Resources to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation to these institutes.
Acceptance or withdrawal of seat can be done for two days (5th and 6th July).
JoSAA will conduct seven rounds, and the results for the allotment for the second round are out.
Go through the following steps to check your JoSAA 2017 second allotment result:
- Go to the official website of JoSAA 2017, click here.
- Then, click on the Round 2: View Allotment Result and Pay Seat Acceptance Fee.
- Enter your JEE roll number and other information required to log in.
- Download your allotment result and take a printout.
What must be done after going through the second allotment result?
- Candidates allotted a seat must pay the seat acceptance fee (through e-Challan/SBI NetBanking) and get the documents verified at any reporting center (josaa.nic.in) for provisional seat acceptance.
- For the participation in the subsequent rounds, candidates need to fill the “freeze”, “slide” or “float” options against their chosen course.
- It should be noted that if in a subsequent round a candidate’s allotment from NIT+ system changes to an IIT, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at an IIT reporting centre
- Similarly if a candidate’s allotment from IIT changes to an NIT+ system, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at any NIT+ reporting centre, failure to do so will result in forfeiture of seats allocated in both NIT+ system and IIT.
- And a candidate, who has already accepted a seat, can withdraw the seat by reporting at a reporting center before the seventh round of seat allocation.