Do's and Don'ts for exam preparation
Students appearing for board exams for class 10 and class 12 as well as engineering entrance exams this year are putting their best efforts for the exam preparation. Students from different boards including CBSE board and UP board are busy completing the syllabus as the date sheets are yet to be announced. Moreover, the exam dates for engineering entrance exams like IIT JEE, WBJEE, and UPSEE are expected to be declared soon. For better preparation of the exams, students need to prepare and follow a study schedule as per the expected date sheet to cover every topic of the syllabus.
As students are on verge of completing their syllabus and beginning revision for each subject of the board exams and engineering entrance exams they need to know effective tips for quick preparation in the remaining time –
Preparation Tips for Board Exams and Engineering Admission Test – Do’s and Don’ts for exams
Students should -
- Carefully segregate syllabus – Students need to select specific topics are per the priority instead of cramming the entire syllabus.
- Refer study material - Check with old question papers and sample papers to prepare your list of topics that are really important for the exam.
- Time and priority - Prepare a schedule as per the priority of subjects and chapter and allocate time accordingly.
- Make notes – Students should make notes for everything they learn as per their understanding of the concept so that they can learn easily and also refer to these notes for revision.
- Study groups – Make a study group with your nearby classmates or friends in the same class for discussions, knowledge sharing and difficulties as learning together helps in trouble-free preparation.
- Recreation breaks – Students need to eat at short intervals like light snacks and fruits between the study schedules as healthy snacking will boost your stamina.
- Meditation therapy - Practice yoga for meditation for at least 15 minutes every day during preparation as it relaxes your mind and releases stress and you can focus on your preparation peacefully.
- Organise study area - Try to keep your study table/room clean and tidy and keep your study material in a systematic way.
- Proper sleep – Students must take at least seven hours sleep for complete rest.
How to decide when and where to pursue graduation?
Students should not –
- Procrastinate – Students must not delay preparation by thinking that they have enough time to study and complete syllabus as this approach leads to wastage of valuable time and last minute stress.
- Fear about exams – If you have any doubts about exams then take help from teachers, parents or even friends but don’t be nervous about exams as this will surely affect your preparation.
- Ignore proper rest – Staying up late in the night for studying and getting up early in the morning where you get less than 6 hours of sleep is going to affect your studies as you won’t be completely rested and will be falling asleep during studies and not be able to concentrate.
- Take unhealthy snacks – Taking tea, coffee, cold drinks and other cheesy and unhealthy junk food will make you sick and eventually affect your preparation as being unwell makes us tired.
- Set Expectations too high – Don’t expect that you’ll score well in exams if you have only prepared half of the syllabus instead prepare for full marks and expect that you’ll get close enough marks but not exactly full marks. Expecting more than what you can achieve will make you disappointed.
- Force yourself – If you have made your schedule according to some topper or expert which is painful to follow then don’t follow such preparation schedule. Students need to be comfortable with their study plan for exam preparation as setting an unrealistic timetable will lead you nowhere and will waste your valuable time.
Conclusion – Board exams and Engineering entrance exams need student’s hard work and determination. By following the effective do’s and don’ts tips for preparation as mentioned here students can lead their efforts to succeed in the exams.
Top Coaching Institutes in India for Engineering Entrance Exams