How to decide right bachelor degree and college? students stress on this question even when they are in school. Though, they have diverse career options with streams/specialisation, degrees, listed prominent colleges as well as industrial growth and trends. But still, they are confused and spend a lot of time fretting about right bachelor programme for their career path. They seek help from parents, friends or even counsellors for making the right decision and. they are confused even after so much brainstorming. Here, we discuss how students can identify right career option, bachelor degree and college for them –
Tips to select right bachelor degree and college –
- Identify your career goal – Before, you decide what and where to study your bachelor degree programme, you need to identify your goal. Without identifying your passion and goal, wherever you enrol yourself you would lose interest and direction too. So, first, you need to identify your career goal and then decide which graduate programme will be right to achieve your goal.
- Measure your academic performance – Generally, career options are stream/specialisation specific i.e. you need to have a certain skill set to choose a career, for that you need to study and research in the eligible stream. So, you need to determine that, what are the courses available as per your stream in high school, and do you have enough scores to get admission in the decided programme as well as the colleges offering the programme?
- Admission Process – As almost every college conducts or takes admission through entrance exams, you need to check which entrance test you need to qualify to get admission in your choice of programme. Also, see whether the college/Institute/University is listed among best academic, infrastructure or faculty or not. You must inquire about all these things to avoid any admission scam. You can also decide if you want to drop a year to prepare for the entrance exam or you want to pursue any short-term course to enhance your skills.
How to find goals and focus on achieving them?
- College Location – The second but important thing about choosing your graduation college is the location, whether the college is based on your city or in another city, do you need to relocate for your college? i.e. move to college hostel and what are the hostel options available near the college?
- Admission Fee and other expenses – Of course, you won’t care much about the programme fee if the college is listed in the list of prominent colleges and offers high-quality education. But, do check if the college fee is within the budget or you will require extra help with student loan/education loan. Education loan, generally includes tuition fee loan, hostel/accommodation charges, library, books, semester exam fee etc. Also, you should consider advantages and disadvantages of education loan.
- Career Options after graduation – As career is the direction of your graduation programme but your graduation degree has many more career options to offer once you complete the degree. You also suring your graduation years realise your actual career ambition when you come across various options through industrial exposure, training, internships, and projects. So, you should look at the placement reports of the previous year batch which will give you an idea about your prospective bachelor degree. Tip: Do check off-campus placement as sometimes college present fake on-campus reports.
Conclusion: Students need not stress upon the choice, the course, career and college. Take your time and clear your thoughts. Just sit down and ask some basic questions for your career choice. Make a list of all options available, look at the market trends of your career field. Gear up for a successful future with your passion and career goal.
Top Coaching Institutes in India for Engineering Entrance Exams