CTET 2018 Passing Marks: Candidates preparing for CTET 2018 often ask questions related to CTET 2018 Cut-off or passing marks of CTET 2018, the validity of CTET 2018 score card or CTET certificate. In this article, we are going to provide complete details about CTET 2018 Cut-off and validity & applicability of UPTET 2018 certificate.
CTET 2018 Cut-off or Passing Marks for CTET 2018
A person who scores 60% or more marks in CTET 2018 will be considered as TET pass.
(This is as per NCTE notification No. 76-4/2010/NCTE/Acad Dated 11.02.2011).
In the official website of CTET (i.e., ctet.nic.in), it is also mentioned that
• The candidates appearing in CTET will be issued Marks Statement.
• The Candidates securing 60% and above marks will be issued Eligibility Certificate.
As per the official website and latest CTET 2018 notification:
(a) School managements (Government, local bodies, government aided and unaided) may consider giving concessions to a person belonging to OBC, SC/ST, differently abled persons, etc., in accordance with their extant reservation policy.
(b) Should give weightage to the CTET 2018 scores in the recruitment process, however, qualifying the CTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
Validity period of CTET 2018 Certificate:
As per the latest CTET 2018 notification, validity period of CTET 2018 certificate is seven years from the date of declaration of its result for all categories.
Candidates qualified in CTET 2018 can again appear for this exam in future if they want, as per notification, there is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a CTET Certificate. A person who has qualified CTET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
How to get a duplicate copy of Marks Statement or Eligibility Certificate of CTET 2018?
A candidate can get a duplicate copy of Marks Statement or Eligibility Certificate by paying the prescribed fee by way of Demand Draft in favour of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, drawn on any nationalised bank, payable at Delhi. Format and Charges applicable for applying for duplicate marks statement/certificate is available on CTET official website i.e. www.ctet.nic.in.
Applicability of CTET 2018 Score Card:
As per CTET 2018 notification,
• The CTET shall apply to schools of the Central Government (KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.) and schools under the administrative control of UT’s of Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and NCT of Delhi.
• CTET may also apply to the unaided private schools, who may exercise the option of considering the CTET.
• Schools owned and managed by the State Government/local bodies and aided schools shall consider the TET conducted by the State Government. However, a State Government can also consider the CTET if it decides not to conduct the State TET.
•According to CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws 53, prescribing the minimum qualifications for teachers to teach various subjects in Classes I to VIII in the schools Affiliated to CBSE stands amended to that extent and it shall be mandatory that the teachers appointed hereinafter i.e. 6th March 2012 to teach classes I to VIII in the Schools affiliated to the CBSE shall qualify/pass the Central Teacher Eligibility Test or Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), conducted by the appropriate Central/ State Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE for this purpose.
This is the complete details about passing marks of CTET 2018, the validity of CTET 2018 certificate and applicability of this certificate. Candidates preparing for CTET 2018 can check other articles from the links given below