National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts National Talent Search Exam (NTSE) for awarding scholarships to talented students. For identifying talented students NCERT conducts the scholarship exam on two stages – state level NTSE and national level NTSE. Students’ first need to qualify the stage 1 exam at state/UT level and then the qualified candidates are tested at the national level by NCERT.
Read below more about National Talent Search Scholarship Exam here –
NTSE Eligibility – class 10 students below 18 years of age and attempting class 10 exams for the first time. Open school students are eligible too but they should not be employed.
NTSE exam pattern/scheme – both state level and national level exams are conducted in offline mode for three paper
- Paper 1 – Mental Ability Test (MAT) carries 50 questions for one mark each and students will be given 45 minutes to complete paper
- Paper 2 – Language Test (English/Hindi) carries 50 question and 45 minutes time allotted to complete paper
- Paper 3 – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) carries 100 question for a total of 100 marks and 1 hour 30 minutes allotted to attempt the test
NTSE Scholarship Amount –
- INR 1250 for each month for class 11 to class 12
- INR 2000 for every month for under graduation and post graduation level of studies
- For PhD level, the Scholarship amount decided by University Grants Commission
NTSE Application Form – students have to apply for NTSE through Liaison Officers of their state or UT for state level exam and for national level exam no separate registration is required.
NTSE qualifying criteria – NCERT shortlists students only if they fulfil the below-mentioned requirements –
For General Category – 40% marks in each paper of NTSE stage 1 and stage 2 exams
For SC/ST/PH Category – 32% marks in every paper of both levels.
NCERT conducts National Talent Search Examination to award scholarships to around 1000 talented students. Every year, students from recognised schools in 29 states, and 7 UTs appear for state and national level exam.