CBSE Annual Board Exams for classes 10th and 12th for the session 2020-2021 will start from 4th May. So, only about a month is left to make preparations for the exams. While almost all the students would be busy with the preparation and revision of all the subjects, it is equally important that students make a plan to write their exam appropriately and present their answers in the best way. A good representation of your knowledge in the answer sheet will definitely impress the examiner and it will help you score high marks. Here we are answering a general question by students about the presentation of their answer sheets in the CBSE and other state board exams.
Q. What can I do to make my answer sheet look presentable in my board exams?
Ans. Along with writing the right and appropriate answers, the presentation also matters a lot in any board exam, be it the CBSE or the UP board exam. Actually, scoring marks is all about the presentation. Your answers should be so visually appealing to the examiner so that he/she need not put any extra effort to go through your answer script. Leave 2-3 lines after attempting each answer to make two different answers look distinct and clearly differentiated from each other.
Some important tips and suggestions are given below which every student should follow to make his/her answer copy nicely presentable to extract good marks:
- Underline each heading or subheading involved in the answer.
- Draw a two-inch border on the right side of the page of your answer sheet where you can do your rough work. Otherwise, doing the rough work anywhere else in the sheet will make it look untidy.
- Increase the pictographic content wherever possible by including as many diagrams, tables, charts, etc., as possible. It will help to make your knowledge more noticeable and visible than writing it in the form of long paragraphs.
- Try to write most of the answers in points or bullets with properly highlighted headers and sub-headers. Make the important points highlighted/underlined.
- Write your answers in legible writing and try to maintain the same throughout the paper so as to make your work look uniform and appealing.
- Whenever you need to cut a word or an answer, just draw a line with your pen over that particular text/word. Avoid scribbling or scratching as it will make your answer sheet look messy and unclean.
- Do not forget to write the question number against each answer properly. It should be clearly visible.
- Write each answer with properly spaced words that are neither too close nor too far.
Students should remember to follow these simple instructions while writing their exam to avoid any loss of marks due to inappropriate presentation of answers.
You will also like to read: