SSC has decided to conduct the CGL-2016 exam from 27th August to 11th of September for Tier-I stage. So, there is a deficit of time in the preparation. www.jagranjosh.com has framed General knowledge practice paper set. In this article, you will be facilitated with the questions based on National/International Geography. As, Geography constitutes a bunch of questions in the exam and it is quite difficult to prepare for it. One thing that can be exercised in this context is that one must regular read the fact and then take a wide look every one of these.
(Also read: Gk capsule for SSC CGL 2016: Practice Set- 1)
Take a look…
1. Tides in the oceans are caused by:
a. Gravitational pull of the moon on the earth’s surface including sea water
b. Gravitational pull of the sun on the earth’s surface only and not on the sea water
c. Gravitational pull of the moon and the sun on the earth’s surface including the sea water
d. None of these
2. Which of the following is not a cash crop?
3. During the period of south-west monsoon, Tamil Nadu remains dry because:
a. the winds do not reach this area
b. there are no mountains in this area
c. it lies in the rain shadow area
d. the temperature is too high to let the winds cool down
4. The Girnar Hills are situated in which of the following states?
c. Madhya Pradesh
5. Broadly, there are three layers of the earth of the crust, the mantle and the core. The crust forms what percentage of the volume of the earth?
(Also read: GK capsule for SSC CGL 2016: Practice Set- 2)