In this article, 20 questions are imbibed of easy difficulty level. All questions are dominated from Geography section of General Knowledge. It is not possible to read Geography for most of the students as it is a very comprehensive and difficult to understand. That is why; we have come up with this strategy to encode the facts in Multiple-choice questions. So that, you can easily remember and practice for SSC GK Section. Go through each question. It will hardly take 5 minutes to recall the information about Geography.
1. India’s first jute mill was established in 1854 in _________.
2. Which river is also known by the name ‘Sorrow of Bengal’ as it gets flooded often-causing damage?
3. The Nagarjuna Sagar project is constructed on _______ River.
4. Kanchenjunga is situated in which state?
5. Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary is located in _________.
B) Uttar Pradesh
6. Karnataka is the largest producer of coffee in India. (T/F)
7. On which river bank Fort William is located in Kolkata.
8. Which project is built on the Chenab River?
9. Which one is the oldest oil field in India?
A) Digboi in Assam
B) Bombay High
C) Mangala Area
D) None of Above
10. Mana Pass is located within Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve in _________.
11. The Name “India” is derived from Sindhu (Indus), which is a river in the north-west. (T/F)
12. In which state Nanga Parbat peak is located.
A) Jammu and Kashmir
13. Which is the largest producer of rubber in India?
14. Which of the following is the largest mangrove forest not only in India, but also in the world?
15. Find out of the following, which is also known as Jawaharlal Nehru Port, is the largest container port in India.
A) Nal Seva
B) Nhava Seva
16. Which was an economic system where lower castes performed various functions for upper castes and in turn received grain?
A) Jajmani system
B) Yajmani system
C) Gajmani system
D) Sajmani system
17. The Indian River Lagoon is a group of three lagoons: Mosquito Lagoon, Banana River, and the Indian River. (T/F)
18. Name the Corridor, which was created in 1947 after the partition of Bengal between India and Pakistan?
D) None of Above
19. Nathpa Jhakri hydel power project is located on __________ River.
20. Which among the following is the second largest brackish–water lake or lagoon in India?
B) Cherai beach lagoon
D) Pulicat Lake
For your valuable suggestions, Kindly write to us.
All the Best!
SSC Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) 2018 Exam: Preparation Tips and Strategy
SSC Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) 2018: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
SSC Combined Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) 2018: Exam Date, Vacancies, Eligibility Criteria
SSC Selection Posts Phase-VI 2018 Recruitment: Exam Date, Vacancies, Eligibility Criteria