In this article, we have prepared a set of 20 questions from different domains of Geography. In all SSC exams, you have to just choose a single option out of the remaining ones. There is no requirement of writing essays on a particular topic. Therefore, you are not supposed to study comprehensively for Geography, as it is also not feasible for everyone to read such vast subject in one year. To overcome this issue, we would like to tell you just go through various study materials offering MCQ questions. It is the best way to remember the facts and information about several topics of Geography. It is also advisable to solve the previous year questions as their frequency in exams is very often.
1. The Ganges originates from the ___________ Glacier in Uttarakhand.
2. Which river flows from India to Bangladesh and is one of the main rivers of Bangladesh?
3. Which port is located on the banks of Rukmavati River?
A) Port Blair
4. What is the length of Gulf of Kutch?
A) 97 miles
B) 98 miles
C) 99 miles
D) 100 miles
5. The term used to describe mandirs in Swaminarayan branch of Hinduism is ____________.
6. At which places in India where you will find natural gas? (Choose multiple answers carefully)
A) Andhra Pradesh
7. Which point is the name, given for the southernmost tip of India?
8. The name Chennai is a shortened form of Chennapattanam. (T/F)
9. In which state ‘Guindy National Park’ is located?
10. Which of the following port is the only corporatized major port and which is registered as a company?
11. The Himalayas cross five countries namely, ________________.
A) Bhutan, India, Nepal, China, and Pakistan
B) Bhutan, India, Afghanistan, China, and Pakistan
C) Bhutan, India, Nepal, Indonesia, and Pakistan
D) Australia, India, Nepal, China, and Pakistan
12. Punjab and Haryana plains in India are irrigated with water from the rivers ____________.
A) Jhelum, Beas, and Sutlej
B) Ravi, Yamuna, and Sutlej
C) Ravi, Beas, and Brahmputra
D) Ravi, Beas, and Sutlej
13. Which of the following is not a lake in the Himalayas?
A) Tilicho lake
B) Pangong Tso
C) Yangpa Lake
D) Tsongmo lake
14. Which of the following is a term used in India for a tract of land lying between two confluent rivers?
15. Name the dam which is uphill on the way to Gangotri?
A) Tehri Dam
B) Nangal Dam
C) Nagarjuna Sagar Dam
D) Srisailam Dam
16. Jalpaiguri town lies on the banks of the ___________ , the second largest river in West Bengal, first one being Ganges.
C) Teesta River
17. The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway still has one of the few steam locomotives still in service in India. (T/F)
18. which river originates in Rajasthan and lies to the north east of Rann of Kutch?
C) Luni River
19. The _________ Mountains are one of the longest mountain chains in Asia.
A) Nanda Devi
C) Mount Abu
20. The Northeast Frontier Railway is headquartered in ______________.
B) Cooch Behar
For you valuable suggestions, write us in mail. We will definitely solve or assist you.
All the Best!