The University of Delhi has released notification regarding admission to undergraduate courses for academic session 2018-2019. The DU registration window for Undergraduate courses is available from 6:00 pm onwards from May 15, 2018. The students seeking admissions to undergraduate courses available in various streams i.e. Science, Commerce, Arts as well as Vocational courses also can register for DU Admissions 2018 in online mode only. Moreover, the University will be organising Open Days for Delhi University Admissions 2018, which is to be conducted at DU North Campus from May 21 to May 29, 2018. The students who are awaiting their CBSE board Class 12 results 2018 can also apply for DU Admissions 2018. They need to select ‘Awaited’ Option under ‘Result Status’ category; however, they must qualify the examination as per the eligibility criteria of DU UG Admissions 2018 for meeting minimum qualifying marks of the programme. Students who wish to apply for DU Admissions 2018 for admissions to undergraduate courses can check the eligibility criteria for relevant course, registration and admission process as well as key dates and schedule of DU Admissions 2018 in this article.
Important dates of DU Admissions 2018:
Notification release date
May 10, 2018
DU Registration for UG courses
May 15, 2018
Last date of application
June 07, 2018
DU Open Days 2018
May 21 to May 29, 2018
DU First Cut off 2018
June 19, 2018
Key features of DU Admissions 2018:
This year, University of Delhi has added new features to Online Admissions Process so as to make the DU admissions 2018 a convenient process for students. The new features of DU Admissions 2018 are –
- A new five-year integrated course in Journalism has been added to DU UG Admissions 2018
- The students who want to apply for UG courses which are based on entrance exam and also for programmes based on merit score (through Cut off score) can apply with one application form of DU Admissions 2018 only i.e. they do not need to apply separately for entrance exam based courses and merit score based courses.
- For CBSE board students, the marks obtained in Class 12th qualifying exam will be automatically obtained from the database using student’s CBSE Board exam roll number and other details.
- Students seeking admissions to DU Undergraduate courses 2018 can now provide 3 best certificates (separate documents for each) in online mode only. Earlier, they could only upload one certificate.
Students seeking admission to DU Undergraduate courses need to apply in online mode only. The admissions process of Delhi University i.e. Registration, application, document uploading etc. will be done under one window only. The DU Admissions 2018 registration process is as mentioned below –
1. Registration – The students need to visit the official website for online registration window of DU Admissions 2018. For registration, students need to click on ‘New Registration’ and fill the details as under –
- Email Id
- Security Question and Answer
- Mobile Number
After entering all these details, students need to enter the Captcha code and click on Register button to successfully register for DU Admissions 2018.
2. Application for DU Admissions 2018 – After students have registered for DU Admissions 2018, a confirmation will pop up on the application window. Now they can login to fill the application form of DU Admissions 2018. They need to fill the following information in the application form –
- Basic Profile – This includes student’s name, contact details, gender, Date of Birth, Parent’s details, Aadhaar Number, Reserved category etc.
- Educational Qualification – This includes academic details including qualifying exam details like board name, roll number as well as result status.
- Course selection – Here students can select their choice of courses from two lists i.e. Merit based course and entrance exam based courses. Please note: The application for multiple courses as well as Merit and Entrance Exam based course will be same (one application for all).
DU Merit based courses:
DU Entrance Exam based courses:
- Sport/ECA Quota Selection – Students can select the quota under which they are claiming seat reservation i.e. for Sports quota, Extra Curricular Activities (ECA).
- Bank details – Applicants need to fill the details of bank to make payments of application, admission fees as well as for refund of admission fees.
- Mandatory uploads – In this section; students can upload the required documents (photocopies) like Passport, signature, Self-attested copy of Class 10th and Class 12th board marksheets, reserved category certificate, PWD certificate.
After uploading the required documents, applicants can preview the application form for DU Admissions 2018 to cross-check all the information and edit if anything is wrong or missing.
Uploading required documents as mentioned below -
3. Payment of Application Fee – Applicants can make fee payment of DU Application form 2018 using Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Paytm through online payment gateway online
The application fee is as under –
- General and OBC category – Rs. 150
- SC/ST/PWD category – Rs. 75
- Additional fee for Sports/ECA quota – Rs. 100
- Additional fee for Kashmiri Migrants and CW category – Rs. 150
Note: No changes could be made in application form of DU admissions 2018 after the application fee has been paid. The students who want to change/modify/correct any information in the DU Application Form 2018 can do so only before payment of application fee.
In case of any admission and application related query for DU Admissions 2018, students can contact the DU helpline desk as under –
Helpline Phone no. 011-27006900 (University Information Centre),
Dean Student’s Welfare Office,
Room No. 5, 1st Floor, Conference Centre,
Near Gate No.4, North Campus,
University of Delhi -110007