On 10th July, Supreme Court restarted the JEE counseling and admissions that gave relief to thousand of the aspiring engineers. Due to dispute in the grace marks, the Supreme Court stopped the JEE counseling and admissions on 7th July.
Seat allotment result for the fifth round of JEE Main 2017 has been declared on 16th July 2017.
JEE Main is a national level undergraduate engineering entrance examination that is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. It offers admission into engineering and architecture courses in NITs ,IIITs and GFTIs. After qualifying JEE Main exam, candidate can appear in JEE Advanced that gives the opportunity to the students to get admission in IITs .
JoSAA, Joint Seat Allocation Authority has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development to manage and regulate the admissions to 97 institutes that includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 other Government funded Technical institutes. Admissions to all these institutes are being done by JoSAA 2017.
Go through the following steps to check your JoSAA 2017 fifth allotment result:
- Go to the official website of JoSAA 2017, click here.
- Then, click on the Round 5: View Allotment Result and Pay Seat Acceptance Fee.
- Enter your JEE roll number and other information required to log in.
- Download your allotment result and take a printout.
Candidates should note that those who have appeared in JEE (Main) 2017 are eligible to register for the seat allocation in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs and those who have declared qualified in JEE (Adv) 2017 are eligible to register for the seat allocation in all participating institutes.
Here are some important points, by which you must go through:
- Candidates should register their names and fill in their choices within the specified time; otherwise they will not be able to get admission for this academic year.
- No modification will be done in case of locked choices, once done it cannot be modified.