Indian Polity and Governance is one of the most important area to cover in the IAS Main Exam because the new Acts and Policies of the government defines the future perspective of the government and how the government will be dealing with an issue in the future.
The special emphasis should be given to the facts about the nodal ministry for a Programme, Policy implementation and Institution. For Example: the Nodal Ministry for the Beti Bachao and Bet Padao is the Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Development.
Following are the important questions for the IAS Main Exam GS Paper II
1. Right to Privacy is a derived right of Art. 21, does it hold the same sanctity as the Parent Article or reasonable restriction restrictions can be put against it. Discuss (200 words)
2. Discuss the Constitutional Amendment procedure. Passing of the Good and Services tax would require a constitutional amendment which is a lengthy process, should amendment in economic sphere be replaced by a simpler one leaving other as it is.(200 words)
3. There is an urgent need to reform the UN Security Council as it is losing its vitality in the new global order. Critically examine the India’s candidature in the reformed Security Council.(200 words)
4. The menace of Islamic State finds its support from the failing state of Syria and Iraq. The unilateral action of Saudi Arabia against Yemen has added to its lawlessness, making it virtually new potent ground of IS. Discuss the threat above development posses for India’s security.(200 words)
5. Examine the role of small companies and starts up in generating employment vis-à-vis large multinational companies. In the context of start-ups what needs to be done for ease in doing business.(150 words)