RBI Assistant Salary & Job Profile 2020 is shared here as per the latest RBI Assistant Notification PDF 2019-20. The Reserve Bank of India is carrying out the RBI Assistant Recruitment 2020 to fill a total of 926 vacancies. Candidates who are still unaware about the job profile of RBI Assistants and their pay scale, should have a look at the complete information shared below. We have mentioned here the complete job profile of RBI Assistants along with the salary and allowances offered to them and the promotion policy.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will be conducting the RBI Assistant Prelims 2020 exam on 14th & 15th February. RBI is one of the most prestigious organizations of India and is the Regulator of all the Banks. It is a dream of every banking aspirant to fetch a job in the central bank. Apart from carrying out everyday File work, the RBI Assistants are responsible for replying to the public mails and replying the RTI queries. Have a look at the life of an RBI assistant below and know all their duties and responsibilities.
Apart from the job profile, we have mentioned below the salary and allowances offered to the RBI Assistant, their accommodation facility, medical expenses, conveyance facilities and others. Have a look:
RBI Assistant: Job Profile; Know What do you have to do?
Being an assistant in RBI is pretty much the same as in other public sector organizations. The job profile includes the following:
- File Work: This is the most common job you have to do as an assistant at RBI. You will be asked to maintain files on various matters of the organization.
- Data Entry: A common job for any assistant in the public sector or private sector organization. You will given some data and you have to feed them in the system provided so that the organization can go back to them when required.
- Replying to mails: RBI surely gets a lot of letters every day and as an assistant, you have to draft the replies to most of them and then you have to get it approved by your boss before making the final copy.
- Making RTI Applicants happy: Nothing but giving replies to RTI queries that will be forwarded to RBI by the Information Commission and again you are in charge of drafting the replies to them.
- Inward and Outward Mail Entry: RBI gets a lot of letters as well as sends a lot of them too. You may be asked to maintain the record of the same as an assistant.
RBI Assistant: Salary, & Allowances
RBI Assistant: What do you get for what you do?
Being an assistant in RBI is not a small feat and if somebody is wondering after reading their job profile, just go through the salary and perks part of the post and you will be happier again. So, here are the things you are entitled to as an assistant in RBI:
- Salary and Allowances: As an assistant, your basic salary will be Rs 8040 and after adding dearness allowance, house rent allowance, city compensatory allowance, transport allowance etc, the total monthly emoluments come to around 24500/-.
- Accommodation facility: RBI Assistants are eligible for official accommodation but the condition is that it should be available and if you are taking official accommodation, you are not entitled to House Rent Allowance.
- Books and Newspaper Allowance: As an assistant in RBI, you are entitled to book grant allowance, newspaper allowance etc. Apart from that, they are entitled to briefcase grant too as an assistant.
- Conveyance Expenses: If you have a vehicle and you use it for official purposes, you are entitled for reimbursement of the maintenance expenses incurred on the vehicle every month.
- Medical Facilities: RBI takes care of its employees in sickness and health issues as you will be reimbursed for any treatment expenses and hospitalization charges. While it is 100% for the employees, 75% of the total cost is reimbursed in case of the dependents of the employees.
- LTC / LFC Facility: You are eligible for Leave Fare Concession(LFC) or Leave Travel. Concession(LTC) facility provided by the bank as it will reimburse you for your trip to anywhere in the country. In case you are not interested in going on a trip, you can encash your LFC / LTC facility.
- Interest-Free loans: As an employee of the central bank, you are eligible for interest-free loans for housing, care, education, personal consumables etc.
RBI Assistant: Promotion Policy - Where shall I be after 10 years?
One of the most important aspects of a job is the promotional avenues, especially with the ambitious youth of today. RBI offers exceptional opportunities for persons who want to make it big in their lives. There are two ways one can get the promotion.
- Seniority Basis: This is for people who are not interested in moving to the executive role in the bank. After 10 years as an assistant, you will be promoted to special assistant and after that, you are eligible for senior assistant etc.
- Merit Basis: The persons who are ambitious enough to shoulder responsibility can take the departmental examination after 5 years as assistant to become Grade A officer or the Assistant Manager, which is the lowest in the hierarchy of officer cadre at RBI with Grade F being the topmost. After that, you come to Grade B or Manager level, Grade C or Assistant General Manager, Grade D or Deputy General Manager, Grade E or General Manager and last but not the least, Grade F in which the Deputy Governors and Governors figure. Generally, an assistant can reach to the level of Deputy Governor in case he is extremely talented.