Finally, one of the most sought after MBA entrance exams, Common Management Admission test (CMAT) has opened registration for thousands of aspirants. With barely 3 months in had to prepare for the CMAT exam, it is time that you start focusing on all the sections with equal attention. For an aspirant to excel in the exam, it takes quite an effort to perform exceedingly well in all the sections.
While you will be busy in enhancing your speed to solve the questions from quantitative aptitude section and reading comprehensions, we recommend that it would be of great help that you devote little time to general awareness section also on regular basis.
As a matter of fact, the CMAT exam does not differentiates any section on the basis of number of questions that are asked to test the candidates of MBA aspirants. Every year CMAT presents the test takers with 4 sections comprising of 25 questions each. The exam is expected to be completed in a time span of three hour in computer based mode only.
So here are a few tips that will help you crack the General Awareness of CMAT 2018 exam. Like the previous years, this year also the general awareness section of CMAT exam will comprise of 25 questions. And the old age formula for clicking on this section is reading newspapers and watching Television News. But if you find this task tedious and time consuming then do not forget to follow the tips given below and make your preparation a cakewalk.
Before we begin the task of preparing for the GK section, let us understand what all topics are covered under this:
The General Awareness section does have questions from all parts of the current affairs in India and Abroad. It covers the following topics: National, International, Science and Technology, corporate, Economy, Sports, Awards, Books and Authors, Environment, Personality, Abbreviations etc.
Tips to crack CMAT GK Section
1. Keep yourself updated: You should try and keep yourself updated on all the latest news. It helps not only in answering objective questions but also in subjective questions. Altough CMAT exam doesn’t offers subjective questions in the GK section, but in the essay writing it will surely give you an added edge.
2. Sources to rely upon: The best source of being updated on current news and current affairs is 8oing through the English newspaper on a regular basis. Not only it will keep you updated, but will also help you enhance your speed for solving the Reading comprehensions. It Is also a good practice to go through the Forum discussions, read editorials and watch television discussions on important issues.
3. Practice earnestly: Aspirants should practice with sample papers, model papers and previous year papers. You can even download the readily available GK apps in your mobile to maintain the pace with preparation.
4. Read the Analysis: Analyze your strengths and weaknesses through practice papers. This will help in managing time in the main examination paper. Try and attempt practice quizzes on various General Awareness topics.
5. Go through Expert Analysis: It is a wise step to go through the previous year paper analysis done by Experts so that you get a clear picture of the level of questions. It may happen that you take certain question as difficult but in reality it is moderate or easy. This clearly means that you need to work a little harder.
A few tips of followed earnestly can make you a top ranker in CMAT 2018 exam. Do not ignore the relevance of GK section in enhancing your overall percentile. It might seems to be the toughest section in the whole exam to master, but keeping a regular track of all the information on daily basis by sparing half an hour on the go, can let to emerge as a winner in your preparation.
For more updates on CMAT 2017, keep visiting MBA Section of jagranjosh.com. You can also subscribe to our daily newsletter for regular updates about the top MBA exams.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.