Students passing from Class 12th would be applying for admissions to undergraduate courses. Generally, students who are confident about their marks Class 12th are appearing for entrance exams for admissions. Most students prefer a full-time degree from a regular college. However, there are some students who seek admissions to distance mode degree offered at School of Open Learning, University of Delhi. For all such students, we provide here answers for most commonly asked questions regarding DU SOL admissions.
Questions: Which UG courses are available at DU SOL?
Answer: The undergraduate courses offered at DU SOL are –
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Programme
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) English
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) Political Science
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.)
Questions: When will the registrations for DU SOL admissions begin?
Answer: The registration for DU SOL generally begins in June-July every year. Last year, the admissions to undergraduate courses at DU SOL began in the first week of June 2017.
Question: What is the Eligibility Criteria for DU SOL Admissions?
Answer: The eligibility criteria for UG courses at DU SOL differ for each course. However, students need to fulfil the basic criteria required for DU SOL UG admissions –
- Candidates must have passed in class 12 or equivalent qualifying exam from state or national board of education
- Candidates must have obtained minimum qualifying marks as required for the UG courses.
Question: What is the application procedure?
Answer: Students can apply for admissions at DU SOL in online mode only. The online registration form for DU SOL will be available at the official website only i.e. sol.du.ac.in.
Students can check here how to apply for DU SOL admissions –
- Click on the link provided for DU SOL admissions 2018-2019 or visit the official website
- Students are required to register with required details like e-mail id, phone number and basic details
- After registration is complete, they are required to fill the application form including course applying for and uploading required documents like a photograph, signature and educational documents.
- After filling up the online application of DU SOL admissions, students can pay the admission fee in online mode only
- Once the application fee for DU SOL admissions is submitted, the students can get a print copy of fee receipt, filled in application form etc.
Question: What is the selection Procedure for DU SOL?
Answer: The students are selected on basis of DU SOL eligibility criteria for the UG course which includes relevant subjects and minimum qualifying marks.
Question: How much is the fee for admission?
Answer: The fee structure for DU SOL courses is less than the regular programmes. It ranges between Rs. 3500 – 4500 per course including admission fee, tuition fee, library fee and other expenses. The fee has to be paid annually only.
Question: Do I need to attend classes as well?
Answer: The students taking admission to UG courses at DU SOL will be provided the facility of weekend classes at the allotted study centres. Though, it is not compulsory for students to attend these classes as there is no attendance required for examinations. But, SOL students must attend these classes as it is very helpful in covering their syllabus and for learning purpose.