Q. Someone please suggest me that what should I do to choose a perfect career for me?
Ans. Choosing the career, for most of the people, has always been a confusing and anxiety-riddled experience. Actually, building an ideal career is like building your home, with your own architecture that suits your requirements. Remember, too many choices are not always good, especially when it comes to picking your career. It’s not always that your passion and expected happiness can guide you to choose the right career. But you need to take all the external and internal factors into account before taking any decision. Never get attracted by the hype of a job, instead find out the story behind the camera, asking yourself that what would be your work role in the company? Check for the comfort and prestige you will be offered there. Always, prefer the lifestyle to the job title. It will help you lead a peaceful work life.
Image source: img.clipartfest.com
Here, we have listed a few questions which everyone must ask himself to conduct a self-counselling which will definitely help him arrive at the right career choice:
1. What is your ambition or goal? Does it suit your lifestyle?
2. What kind of work you want to do?
3. Which job will suit your personality and aptitude?
3. Which designation or position you want to work at?
4. What kind of culture and people you want to work with?
5. What other benefits like, health insurance, work from home, 10 days vacation every year (with pay), etc, are being offered along with the job.
6. Would you prefer to work for endless hours to earn large amounts or will be happy to earn normal bucks by working for lesser hours?
7. How the job will help you maintain the work/life balance?
8. What kind of fun the job should offer you to break the monotony or depression?
9. What are your personal strengths and weakness that can affect your work life?
10. How much is the job security? Is the company able to survive well in next 20-30 years at least?
So, all the above mentioned self analyzing questions will help you work on your abilities and potential which in turn will guide you on the way to find the right job for you.
You may also like to read:
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.