Are you confused what engineering course to pursue?
Choosing a career is the most important decision one has to take in their life. And this decision is yours which has to be taken on the basis of the stream you are passionate for. Generally, students with interest in science prefer to make a career in engineering.
With a wide range of specialisations in engineering, students get confused for their choice of engineering stream. Here we discuss engineering streams and with help of this article, students can decide which stream to choose for their career.
Engineering streams –
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Textile Engineering
How to select Engineering College and Engineering Branch?
- Consider career options - You should consider many things while taking this decision because your career is based on this decision and this is the first step toward your career path. Remember when you decided to choose to engineer as your career, you have opened a vast opportunity in front of yourself.
- Choose from the list of prominent colleges - If there is no specific stream on your priority list and you are comfortable with any engineering stream then branch or stream is not significant at all. Every engineering stream possesses promising career options. So go for reputed colleges. The prominent engineering colleges offer great training, internship and campus placements with best in industry salary packages.
- Location of the College/Institute – You must consider the college as per the location from your home and also get complete information regarding the infrastructure of the institution.
- Faculty – The faculty members also play crucial roles as they are the one who will guide/mentor you throughout the college life about academics, career choice and opportunities. So, get feedback about faculty members of the college you are going to take admission.
- Consult Experts– Counselling helps to explore the way we think as well as resolving a particular problem. In case you have a dilemma in choosing a college or stream the best way is to consult your elders or experts. They can resolve your problem in a best possible way because they have experience. In the majority of cases, a single meeting with an expert can make your mind clear about choosing which college or stream.
- Go for your preferred stream – If you have some preferred stream in your mind like civil engineering or mechanical engineering or computer science engineering then definitely go for it. Select your preferred course from the best college only.
- Don’t ignore your passions – Students know their likes, dislikes, passions and things that interest them better than anyone else. For example: Suppose you are passionate about constructing buildings then you can go for civil engineering.
- Grab opportunities: Never let the opportunities go. If you have an option for good college, then go for it because there are immense opportunities associated with each and every stream. Just do a simple check on internet about career opportunities. Also, check out whether both the public and private sectors have career options in the stream the college is offering. Also, an engineering degree opens options to work as a teacher or researcher in the same field.
Conclusion: The above-mentioned points should be kept in mind while choosing engineering stream. Remember this is first step towards your career and you have to carefully select it. You have to consider every aspect of the stream in your mind while taking the decision. You also need to adjust between the stream and college choices and you must consult experts before taking the final call.