How to Prepare General Awareness for Bank Exams?
General Awareness asked in bank exam is basically related to banking industry. So candidates must read all news related to economy and banking industry on regular basis.
Banking examinations conducts every year is accommodating more and more aspiring candidates applying to land up to a job in banking sector. The recruitment agencies conduct written examination in two phases namely Prelims and Mains in order to filter the candidates going for the personal interview or Group Discussion round. There are three and five papers respectively in the Prelims and Mains examination in most of the banking examinations. Though in most examinations prelims don’t contain the general awareness section but in Mains examination it plays a vital role to get final selection.
General Awareness is one such paper that tests the candidate’s knowledge of the overall national and international news of importance. It demands the candidates to be aware of the ongoing events around the world that has any significance over their own country. It is also important because it checks the ability of the candidates to grasp newer things and measure their approach towards learning things by gathering new information and knowledge.
- Hit the internet button: In order to find news of importance, current affairs, ongoing business deals, world economic, political turn of tables and much more the best option is to take shelter of the world of internet. It is one such medium that filters the required information, in order to make you remember the news of importance in a better way. It categorizes news, events, achievements in such a way that you might get your ready-made notebook to read from.
- Keep digging for facts and information: Once you are into the world of information there is no end. You need to dig for facts and information that you think is necessary for your examination. You need to be selective over the thousands of news items and that should be left to your judgment of news importance and value. Digging up facts over newspapers, the internet, books, journals, magazines and other sources help to find related matters which could in return help you with more information.
- Read Every day: Reading and searching for newer information is a great habit and it can keep the candidates going with a vast pool of information and help develop the sense of the importance of news.
- Get out from your comfort zone: Do not bank on the current affairs or GK books that you have brought from the market to prepare for the examination. Instead, find more and more updated news through a digital medium and social media.
- Go through banking terminologies: Banking terminologies, banking history, RBI rules and regulations, financial aspects, various rates and other basic banking information should be at your fingertips as many banking examinations tend to focus more on the banking sector along with General Awareness.