Recently, the UPSC announced the results of NDA & NA (II) 2017 Written Exam. The SSB Interview is expected to take place in January 2018. During the 5-Day long process, the candidates undergo various tests by the Boards. Though each and every stage of the SSB Interview is equally difficult, the GTO is considered as more challenging compared to other tests as it tests the overall personality.
For the benefit of SSB Interview candidates, the Indian Army has provided a list of Do’s and Dont’s related to GTO. They are as given below.
GTO Testing Do's
1) Have adequate general awareness and read current affairs.
2) Perceive the problems posed correctly and assimilate all details.
3) Be quick enough to think and write solutions. Avoid grammatical mistakes.
4) Solutions should be logical and realistic.
5) Be spontaneous and forthright in expressing. Participate actively in the group actions.
6) In outdoor tasks, be energetic, participate willingly and contribute to the group activities.
7) Understand the requirement of the task, plan and try to evolve / suggest workable ideas.
8) Try to project / exhibit leadership qualities in implementing plans.
9) Keep the group aim in mind.
10) Be confident and develop perseverance in pursuing aim / goal.
11) Be physically and mentally tough. Routine daily physical exercise must be taken well before coming for the SSB. Warming up before coming to GTO's ground will certainly help. You can do some exercise in lines.
12) Be effective in communication skill. Being conversant in English is always beneficial.
13) Be well dressed in white shorts, T-shirt and PT shoes.
14) Dress should be loose and comfortable.
15) Ensure smart turn out (proper hair cut and shaved properly).
16) Sleep early at night so as to remain fresh for the next days testing.
17) Listen to opening briefing by GTO attentively and follow the instructions.
18) Enjoy the tests, take them as group activity.
19) Adhere to laid down timings and instructions passed by SSB students to you from time to time.
20) Work hard, be active and put your best foot forward.
21) Be positive, optimistic and friendly.
22) Be your original self.
23) Imbibe discipline in yourself, whether in lines, at work, in the ground or in the city / sight seeing.
24) Carryout tests to the best of your physical ability.
25) Inform Testing Officer in case you are not feeling well enough to go through the testing.
26) Follow all the instructions as given to you before commencement of each task in the GTO's ground.
27) Respect others then only shall you get respected.
GTO Testing Dont's
1) Do not limit yourself to one type of media or TV channel. Explore various types of media and TV channel to acquire knowledge / general awareness.
2) Do not try to copy or paste pre-conceived knowledge / ideas, utilize them to generate own ideas.
3) Do not sit / stand back and wait for opportunity to come its way - grab the opportunity.
4) Do not discard others ideas, evaluate and then follow / modify.
5) Do not feel discouraged if unable to perform well in a particular task. What matters is overall performance in all the GTO's tasks.
6) In outdoor / physical tasks do not be reckless, take calculated risks. Remain bold and composed.
7) Do not give up easily. Be resilient.
8) Do not over eat prior to task.
9) Do not wear tight clothes / shoes.
10) Do not smoke, drink and gamble during your stay with us.
11) Do not damage Government property.
12) Do not stay out after specified timings while on out pass.
13) Do not indulge yourself in stealing / playing cards etc.
14) Do not be over smart and do not put up a false front or mask your original personality.
15) Do not be aggressive or short tempered.
16) Do not be pessimistic or careless / lazy.
17) Do not be foolhardy and do not take stupid / foolhardy risks.
18) Do not pick up fight with anybody whether in the SSB or in the Selection Centre or in the city.
19) Do not keep mobile phone, watch, purse, chain any valuable on your person when in tests.
We advise the aspirants to go through the above list thoroughly and prepare for the SSB Interview accordingly.
Best wishes from Jagran Josh!!!!