Coaching Institutes for IIT JEE has become Topper Manufacturers with Top rank holders in the engineering entrance exam. Aspirants of JEE Main and Advanced exams prefer training from top coaching Institutes for IIT JEE in India to crack the engineering entrance exams as well as gain competitive edge.
However, many aspirants who join the coaching institutes are not able to follow the competitive preparation strategies aimed to crack IIT JEE. Students are stressed because they are not able to cope with the coaching institute schedule; syllabus and they get anxious for cracking engineering entrance exam.
Students need not worry in such circumstances rather they should try to figure out the problems they are facing for their JEE Preparation –
How to overcome challenges with JEE Preparation at coaching institutes?
1. Introspect – To know the problem areas in your preparation, the first step is to examine the factors such as your peer group, the problem in basic understanding of concepts, not raising your doubts, lack of prioritisation, etc. So, you need to focus on the problems first to understand and then take effective alternative for the problems.
2. Choosing study group – We are what, what we connect with. So, students should be friends with other aspirants at coaching institute who are serious towards their objective to crack JEE.
- During the coaching class, students should concentrate only on studies and beyond class, they should be discussing topics and problems with each other.
- This does not mean that students should not be following groups, they should interact with other classmates too but they if the discussion is other than studies then you should not be a part of it.
- Sometimes, some students join coaching institutes under parental pressure but they are not concerned about qualifying engineering entrance exam. So, you should not be a part of their group as it will disorientate you.
3. Understanding of basic concept –Generally students who are slow at learning new concepts face problem in understanding the basic concepts, formulae etc. so they are not able to follow the preparation and syllabus of coaching along with other students. So, you should utilise your extra time to learn these basic concepts only then you’ll be able to progress at a coaching institute. NCERT books are the best that can help you to hold a strong grip of the syllabus. So, refer NCERT books for JEE preparation. For example-
- In Mathematics, don’t try to mug up to cram every formula rather try to understand formula by practising at least 4-5 questions based on it.
- In Physics too, try to understand the derivations. If you do like this you can apply those applications in your daily life too.
- Chemistry is divided into 3 sections: Organic: In which you have to focus on the mechanisms, learn how the chemical reactions work. Physical: learning theory and practising questions based on it. Inorganic: Refer NCERT books of class 11th and 12th as the easiest questions are from this section.
4. Covering complete syllabus -
- Make notes: You need to make small pointers from what you learn and based on an understanding of the concept in your own language. This will help you remember concepts far better than cramming.
- Revision: When you revise by making notes, then you will not forget that important and also these notes will be helpful in last minute revision.
5. Get help from Coaches at the Institute – Aspirants join coaching Institutes for getting proper guidance for their goal of cracking JEE. Students can get better training from coaching Faculty because they are highly experienced and also effective result in the past. So, students who have joined coaching institutes should seek help from their teachers whenever they face any difficulty in any subject.
Always remember, asking for help from teachers is only going to solve your issues. If you hesitate in asking questions then your problem would never be solved and this can hinder your chances of success in IIT JEE.
6. Prioritize your time – Time management is really effective in the achievement of goals. And for aspirants of IIT JEE, time management and prioritisation will help them maintain a strong schedule for preparation. The effective schedule will help them manage their studies, revision as well as personal time for recreation and rest. So, divide your time for each subject equally with 15 minutes break for recreation after 40 minutes of studies. Maintain a sleeping pattern of 6-8 hours for proper rest to start afresh.
7. Take Mock Tests - Coaching Institutes are popular for their effective study materials and mock tests. These mock tests help you prepare better for entrance exam by providing you real time experience. The mock tests prepared by coaching institutes are both online as well as offline so that students can prepare efficiently for JEE. Also, coaching Institutes conduct in-house competitions for their students and this helps students to acknowledge their strengths and weaknesses.
Conclusion: When students join coaching institutes they seek help for cracking IIT JEE or any other entrance exams. So far, coaching Institutes have been really helpful to aspirants in achieving their dream of IITs. Aspirants of IIT JEE or any other engineering entrance exam, whether they join coaching Institutes or prefer self-study should follow these tips to be successful.