All students feel that, by asking something which is bothering them, whether their doubts or even some interesting things, they will appear stupid/unintelligent in front of others and, they stop themselves from asking their doubts in the classroom. The teachers too, during the class, ask students about their doubts related to the subject being taught in the class but students do not raise their doubts for some or the other reason. Almost every other student go through such situations, even professionals face such situations. Although, students should never let their doubts bother them when they can get an answer just by asking their teachers. Knowledge will be complete only if all your doubts are cleared.
You should always clarify your problems and queries from your teacher, as they too are ready to help students as and when required. Never let thoughts of feeling stupid or embarrassment hinder your knowledge.
Here we are discussing how students can reach out to their teachers for clarifying their troubles and doubts:
Ways to raise your doubts and ask for help from your teachers –
1. The first rule for clearing your doubts is - not to feel shy. Just approach your teacher whenever you face any problem in any subject and put forward your query. Don’t overthink about it.
2. Sometimes, students simply ignore their queries due to their carefree approach and hence, do not raise their doubts to teachers. This impacts their studies too as they do not learn properly and consequently their performance suffers in the subjects.
Schools arrange the extra classes for weak students or for extra help of students. Students must take this opportunity to clarify their problems about the subjects.
3. If you have worked on an assignment and want it to be checked for some specific part, then you must ask your teachers as early as possible as delaying the problem will lead to delaying the project/assignment and your teacher may not help you at the last moment.
4. If you have doubts about facts, figures, or calculations then you must make a record of them, or mark them in your workbook and then approach your teacher. This will be more organised and solved quickly.
5. If you have missed a particular lesson when you were absent from school/class then you can ask your classmates for the notes and for more clarity, discuss with the concerned teachers.
6. Not everything printed in a book or taught by the teacher may be correct, if students find such instances then they should very politely put forward their point without making the teacher appear as mistaken/offended.
7. If you try to solve the problems before going to the teacher then it reflects your sincerity and effort. Teachers appreciate students who make efforts. Even after this, your problem is not solved then you can approach your teacher and explain your problems with the subject.
8. Make notes before and after discussing your problems with the teachers. This will be helpful in keeping a record and you don’t need to ask the same problem again and again.
9. If you and your classmates face same problems in the subject, then you can ask your teacher to schedule an extra class for you all, so that you can clear your doubts separately.
Conclusion: Never let the feelings about foolishness, stupidity or embarrassment stop you from asking and learning. Asking/clearing doubts are the first step towards knowledge. Always remember you are helping yourself by asking the teacher. Also, sometimes it happens that the doubt/problem you are facing is being faced by other students too and they too are feeling shy in asking their doubts, so if you take the first step by asking your teacher, it’ll encourage students to raise doubts too. This way the class will be more engaging and doubts of other students will also help you clear your own facts and make your knowledge more strong.
This is when a student should start preparing for engineering/medical entrance exams
CBSE class 12th Chemistry paper 2018: Don't miss these tips to prepare in last moments
UP Board class 12 Biology paper second exam 2018 : Last year paper, Sample paper and more
8 Psychological tips for students to learn effectively