CAT 2021 Registration: As per the updates, the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad has extended the registration deadline for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can register till 22nd September till 5 pm. They can fill the CAT application form in online mode at - iimcat.ac.in to appear for the entrance exam. Earlier, the last date to apply for CAT 2021 exam was September 15 (5:00 PM). While filling the CAT exam application form, candidates will be given an option to choose six test cities across India.
On the official website, the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad mentions that "Candidates can now choose Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) as a preferred city for CAT 2021". According to the newly added city, the CAT exam will now be held in 159 cities across the country. CAT 2021 exam will be held on 28th November in three shifts. The three exam slots are - 8:30 to 10:30 am, 12:30 to 2:30 pm and 4:30 to 6:30 pm.
How To Fill the CAT Application Form 2021?
While filling the CAT exam form, candidates must keep their documents like mark sheets, certificates etc. ready with them. They must also have scanned images of their photograph and signature ready with them while filling the application form. Check the steps to know how to fill CAT application form 2021 -
- Step 1 - Go to the official website of IIM - iimcat.ac.in.
- Step 2 - On the homepage, click on “New Candidate Registration.”
- Step 3 - Fill up the required details.
- Step 4 - Once registered, log in to the portal.
- Step 5 - Fill up the application form, pay the fee and submit the form.
Also, candidates will have to make an online payment through net banking/ credit card/ debit card. The CAT 2021 application fee payment partners are BillDesk and PayU. The CAT registration fee is Rs 1,100 for SC, ST, and PwD category candidates and Rs 2,200 for all other candidates. It must be noted that a candidate is not required to pay any fee except the CAT registration one, irrespective of the number of institutes he/ she is applying for.
CAT 2021 Revised Eligibility Criteria
IIM Ahmedabad had revised the eligibility criteria, specifically for CAT 2021. The reason being, the institute was getting queries from the candidates whose candidature became unsure because of the pandemic situation. Go through the updated eligibility criteria of CAT 2021 -
- Candidates who completed graduation with a minimum of 50% (45% for reserved category) are eligible to apply for the CAT entrance exam 2021.
- Final year students are also eligible to fill the application form before the CAT exam last date 2021.
- There is no age limit for the IIM CAT exam 2021 and work experience is not mandatory.