SSC jobs perks
Staff Selection Commission has decided to announce the notification of CGL 2017 on 16thMay 2017. However, due to some reasons, it was delayed as compared to the declaration date of previous year i.e. 2016. The online registration process will continue till 16th Jun, 2017 (05:00 PM) and online exam for Tier-1 will be held from August 1, 2017 to August 20, 2017.
A central government job has its own benefits. SSC recruits candidates to fill ministries/departmental posts. As we know, after UPSC, SSC is the second preferred exam throughout the country to recruit the highest number of officers/employees. SSC provides you core government job with lucrative offerings. Apart from salary, you are entitled to a number of other perquisites.
Let us avoid more discussion in this context and check out the cool perks that you are going to get as a government employee.
How SSC promotes their officers recruited through CGL entry?
SSC CGL Job: Perks and Facilities
SSC CGL is one of the most sought after jobs in India. The reason is not only money but also the various perks associated with it.
- Salary is very good: This may not be an explicit facility but given the work pressure and job profile, the salary is very good and if you compare it to other sectors, you are certainly going to understand the liberty that you have as a SSC CGL recruited officer.
- Medical facilities: Once you join the government, it is going to take care of your medical bills in a big way. You are going to be a member of the Central Government Health Scheme and that way you will get benefit of free treatment in most of the leading hospitals in the country.
- Gratuity benefit: Once you are a government servant, you are going to have the gratuity benefit from the government. It is a payment made by your employer in gratitude to the service rendered by you to the government. It is a very good savings after your retirement.
- National Pension Scheme benefit: Once you join the government, you are going to get a membership of NPS scheme and you will be given a PRAN Card. Under this scheme, a part of your salary is deducted towards the contribution to NPS and the matching amount is given by your employer. The whole amount is invested in the equity market and the return is given back to your NPS Account. Once you retire, you get the pension from this fund.
Do women have reservation benefits in SSC jobs?
- Paid leave benefits: The biggest perquisite in any government job is that you get adequate number of leaves such as casual leaves, privilege leaves, medical leaves etc. Even if you are ill, you will get the full payment for that. This is possible only in case of government jobs.
- Transport allowance: You are entitled to transport allowance as an employee of the central government. It depends on the place of your posting but you are certainly going to get it every month for your transportation charges to and fro from office.
- Mobile bill payment: In some of the posts, you get a free SIM card and certain calls are free in those cards. You are entitled to a certain amount towards this purpose every month.
- Status and social power: Government jobs are very sough after in India especially central government jobs because of very good salary, job stability and job security. So, the social status is something you can understand once you join the job. Everybody will start respecting you once you are in the decision making process of the government.
- LTC Benefits: As an officer recruited through SSC CGL, you will get LTC to travel within and outside India in certain intervals. This is a very good opportunity to refresh your mind and take a break from the daily routine of yours.
Why you should prepare or join SSC CGL over SSC JE as an engineering graduate?
SSC CGL is a very good opportunity for those who want a comfortable life with job security and moderate stress. So, go for it and make the most out of it.
All the best!!
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat