Najeeb Jung, the vice chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia University on 1 July 2013 appointed as the 20th Lt Governor of Delhi.
Njaeeb Jung has replaced Tejendra Khanna, who was the 1961 batch Indian Administrative Service officer and the last Lt Governor of Delhi.
Some facts about Najeeb Jung
• Najeeb Jung is a former Indian Administrative Service officer who joined the Indian Administrative Services (IAS) in 1973 and worked in different capacities in Madhya Pradesh and with the Government of India.
• Najeeb jung is presently the Chairman of a Core Committee of Vice-Chancellors appointed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (India) to examine various aspects of higher education.
• He has reviewed the existing schemes for enhancing participation of minorities in higher education.
• He is also the Member of the Special Task Force setup by the Ministry of Home Affairs (India) to suggest developmental options for the Jammu region of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
• He is the Member of the Senate of the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, (IITK) and several other Committees at the national level.
Related Current Affairs:
Latest Current Affairs