Nisha Desai Biswal was on 10 October 2017 appointed as the President of the US-India Business Council (USIBC).
The US-India Business Council is the premier business advocacy organization that was formed in 1975 at the request of the US and Indian governments. It is the largest bilateral trade association in the United States and has presence in New York, Silicon Valley and New Delhi.
About Nisha Desai Biswal
• Biswal served as Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asian Affairs in the US Department of State from 2013 to 2017, where she oversaw the US-India strategic partnership including the launching of US-India Strategic and Commercial Dialogue.
• She previously served as Assistant Administrator for Asia at the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
• She spent over ten years on Capitol Hill while serving as staff director on the State, Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee in the House of Representatives.
• Most recently, she served as a senior advisor with the Albright Stonebridge Group, where she helped expand the firm’s India and South Asia practice.
• Biswal was awarded with the prestigious Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award by Indian President in January 2017.
Who: Nisha Desai Biswal
When: 10 October 2017