The Ministry of Women and Child Development would be celebrating the Child Rights Week by hosting ‘Hausala 2017’ festival from 16-20 November 2017.
The festival will be hosted by the Ministry as an Inter CCI Festival for the children who reside in Child Care Institutions (CCIs). The week was chosen as the nation celebrates the Children’s Day on 14 November and the International Child Rights Day is celebrated annually on 20 November.
The week-long festival will provide an occasion to showcase the talents of children from various child care institutions across the country and provide them with a space to express their dreams and aspirations.
The children will be participating in various events including Bal Sansad, painting competition, athletics meet, football, chess competition and speech writing.
About Bal Sandad
• The youth parliament will be held on 16 November 2017. It will witness participation from a total of 36 children between the age group of 14- 18 years.
• The children would be seen expressing their views on issues that affect them.
• A summary of discussions and suggestions given by children may to be forwarded to relevant Ministries and Departments of the union government later on.
• An orientation workshop would also be organized on 15 November with children on their needs and rights.
• At the workshop, the children will be prepared to identify the issues pertaining to their rights that affects them and also give their suggestions.
Child Reporters from street children’s news magazine ‘Balaknama’ would be covering the entire event and publishing it in their magazine after getting the content checked from the Ministry.
The festival will culminate with a concluding ceremony on 20 November 2017. The programme will include release of compilation of speeches and guidelines of UNNATI scheme and presentation of Best State Team Award based on performance during ‘Hausla 2017’ as well as cultural programme presented by children of CCIs.