Bahukutumbi Raman, who was one of the founders of Indian intelligence agency called Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), passed away on 16 June 2013 in Chennai after a long fight with cancer. He was 77 years of age.
About Bahukutumbi Raman
• Bahukutumbi Raman was a 1961 Madhya Pradesh cadre IPS officer. He was selected by Rameshwar Nath Kao for joining Research and Analysis wing (RAW) right from the time when it was separated from Intelligence Bureau in September 1968.
• He was one among the foremost security experts of India.
• He was the former additional secretary with the Cabinet Secretariat.
• He also remained director of the Institute for Topical Studies, Chennai.
• B. Raman remained a critic of the foreign policy of India.
• He has authored various books which covered subjects like military issues of South Asia and India, counter-terrorism as well as security.
• He also authored a journal called Kao-boys of Research and Analysis Wing: Down Memory Lane, in which he wrote about his working experience with RAW.
Related Current Affairs: