India on 12 December 2013 won the women's Kabaddi World Cup championship for the third time in a row, defeating New Zealand 49-21 in the summit clash in Jalandhar, Punjab.
The Indian women’s team led their New Zealand counterparts for most part of the match and held out a strong challenge by the visitors in the second half, on course to a resounding win.
The Indian team took home a first-place prize of 1 crore rupees. Anu Rani was adjudged the best stopper while Ram Bateri was declared the best raider. Both received a Maruti Alto car each.
In Earlier matches, India defeated Pakistan and New Zealand defeated Denmark respectively in the semi-finals. In third place match, Denmark took the third place by 34-33 points, while Pakistan took the fourth place.
About Women's Kabaddi World Cup 2013
• The 4th Pearls Kabaddi World Cup - 2013 was held from 30 November to 12 December 2013 in the state of Punjab, India.
• The women teams which were participated in the tournament are India and the United States, England, Denmark, New Zealnd, Mexico, Kenya and Pakistan.
• The Kabaddi world cup 2013 was organised state Government of Punjab.
• Indian women’s team has won 2011, 2012, and 2013 editions of World cups.
• This tournament is annual event, with popularising the rural sport at the international level, aims to promote people-to-people contact.
• For the first team a women’s team from Pakistan participated in the tournament.
Who: Indian Women's team
When: 12 December 2013