Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) invited applications for recruitment to the post of Assistant Sub-Inspector (Steno). The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 22 February 2014.
The Central Reserve Police Force is the largest of India's Central Armed Police Forces. It functions under the aegis of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of the Government of India. The CRPF's primary role lies in assisting the State/Union Territories in police operations to maintain law and order and contain insurgency. It came into existence as the Crown Representative's Police on 27 July 1939.
• Last Date for receipt of Application Forms: 22 February 2014
• Last Date for receipt of Application Forms for the candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep: 1 March 2014
• Name of the Post: Assistant Sub-Inspector (Steno)
• Total No. of vacancy: 271
• Candidate age should be between 18 years to 25 years as on 22 February 2014.
• Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
Candidates should possess 12th class or equivalent examination from a recognized board or institute.
Skill Test (On computer)
• Dictation: 10 minutes @ 80 words per minute
• Transcription time:- 50 minutes in English or 65 minutes in Hindi on computer
• Candidates belonging to General and OBC Category will be required to pay Rs.100/- (non refundable) as application fee in the form of Postal Order or Demand Draft drawn in favour of DIGP,GC,CRPF of concerned application receiving centre.
• No fee required for SC/ST, Ex-Servicemen and Female candidates.
Pay Scale: Rs.5200-20200+Grade Pay Rs.2800/-
Candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of following:
• Scrutiny/checking of certificates/documents
• Physical Measurement
• Written examination.
• Skill test (i.e. Stenography/short hand test)
• Medical examination
How to apply
• Interested candidates can apply through prescribed format as available in notification.
• Dully filled in application form should be sent along with all mandatory details, attach photograph, attest signature, super scribe the name of the post to be applied for on the envelope to the respective addresses as given in notification before 22 February 2014.