CBSE Class 10th Chapter, Light: Reflection and Refraction comes under the topic Natural Phenomena which carries major marks in exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
- State the Laws of Reflection?
- What do you understand by the word ‘laterally inverted’?
- Explain the terms:
b) Principal Axis
c) Spherical mirrors
d) Radius of Curvature
e) Centre of curvature
f) Focal length
- Why does a paper burn when placed at the focus of a concave mirror?
To Get Tips & Strategies , Click Here
- How can you establish a relationship of focal length with radius of curvature, if given that a concave mirror is obtained from a spherical mirror polished from outside?
- What are the steps involved for the confirmation of image being formed in a concave mirror?
- Name a mirror that can give an erect and diminished image of an object.
- Why do we prefer a convex mirror as a rear-view mirror in vehicles?
To Get Previous year Question Papers , Click Here
- Explain the statement “Virtual image is just an illusion”.
- What type of image is formed on cinema screen?
- A ray of light strikes a plane mirror such that its angle of incidence is 300. What angle does the reflected ray make with the mirror surface?
- How wide the image of a flower stand is, if it originally has a width of 5cm and is 2m away from a plane mirror? Where is his image? If the flower stand is moved with a speed of 1m/s towards the mirror, then at what speed does his image approach him?
- What is the difference when a boy is looking at his
face in a photograph and when he is looking
himself in front of the mirror?
To Get Sample Papers , Click Here
- Using the given figure, show the formation of
image with the help of suitable rays?
- Find the size, nature and position of image formed
when an object of size 1cm is placed at a distance of 15cm from a concave mirror of focal length 10cm?
- An object 2cm high is placed at a distance of 16cm from a concave mirror which produces a real image 3cm high:
a) What is the focal length of the mirror?
b) Find the position of the image?
- A dentist mirror has a radius of curvature of 3cm. How far must it be placed from a small dental cavity to give a virtual image of the cavity that is magnified 5 times?
- A diverging mirror of radius of curvature 40cm forms an image which is half the height of the object. Find the object and image position?
To Get Guess Papers , Click Here
- Give the Laws of Refraction?
- What is meant by Refractive index? On what factors do it depends? What is the speed of light in medium of refractive index 6/5 if its speed in air is 3 x 105 km/s?
- With the help of a diagram, explain why a coin in a glass tumbler appears to rise as the glass tumbler is slowly filled with water?
- Differentiate between optical density and mass density?
- Draw a diagram to show how a converging lens held close to the eye acts as a magnifying glass. Why is it usual to choose a lens of short focal length for this purpose rather than one of long focal length?
To Get Practice Papers , Click Here
- An object is placed 20cm from (a) a converging lens, and (b) a diverging lens, of focal length 15cm. Calculate the image position magnification in each case?
- A combination of lenses for the camera contains two converging lenses of focal lengths 20cm and 40cm and a diverging lens of focal length 50cm. Find the power and focal length of the combination?
- You are given kerosene, turpentine and water. In which of these does the light travel fastest? Use the information from you NCERT Book.
- The refractive index of diamond is 2.42. What is the meaning of this statement?
- Using the given figure, show the formation of image with the help of suitable rays?
- Convex lens of long focal length or convex lens of short focal length, which one of them causes more bending of rays?
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More………
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat