The University of Delhi was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly. Popularly known as DU, it offers courses at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels. It invites application from eligible candidates for selecting students for admission to MCA/ MSc (Computer Science).
Name of the Course & Number of Seats for Admission in Delhi University (DU)
- MCA: 46 seats
- MSc (Computer Science): 46 seats
Important Dates for Admission in Delhi University (DU)
- Opening date for obtaining Admission Bulletin with Admission Form: 10 May 2012
- Closing date for submission of application form: 5 June 2012
- Date for MCA Entrance Test: 24 June 2012
- Date for MSc (Computer Science) Entrance Test: 23 June 2012
- Date for Interview (MCA): 2 July 2012 to 7 July 2012
- Date for First Counselling (both the courses): 9 July 2012
- Date for Second Counselling (both the courses): 13 July 2012
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Delhi University (DU)
- MCA: Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
- MSc (Computer Science): BSc (Honours) Computer Science (10+2+3 scheme) with minimum 60% marks in aggregate OR BSc applied Physical Sciences with Mathematics and Computer Science/ BSc (General) Mathematical Sciences (10+2+3 scheme) with Mathematics and Computer Science with minimum 60% marks in aggregate OR PGDCA from University of Delhi with at least two papers in Mathematics at under-graduate level with minimum 60% marks in aggregate OR Any Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 scheme) of University of Delhi with at least six papers in Computer Science and two papers in Mathematics under Semester system/ at least three papers in Computer Science and one paper in Mathematics under Annual Examination System with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
Selection Procedure for Admission in Delhi University (DU): Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in the Common Entrance Test/ Interview to be conducted by the Department of Computer Science.
How to Apply for Admission in Delhi University (DU): Candidates need to apply online on the site http://csdu.org/
Entrance Test Fee: Rs 800 (Rs 400 for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates). The fee needs to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Registrar, University of Delhi, payable at Delhi.
For details on program structure and syllabus for Entrance Test; please CLICK HERE
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat