National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, was established in 1967 as a Regional Engineering College and is one of the 30 NITs in the country. NIT Silchar announced admissions to PhD programme in various subjects for academic year 2013.
Name of Programme
PhD in the following Subjects- Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Chemistry and Mathematics
Deadline for receipt of completed application forms: 10 June 2013
- Candidates must have ME/ MTech Degree in appropriate discipline with at least 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA/ CPI. OR
- For admission in Humanities and Social Science Department, applicants must possess Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Chemistry with a minimum of CPI 6.0 in 10 point scale (55% marks) or equivalent.
- For admission in Engineering Departments, candidate should have a BE/ BTech with an excellent academic record and with CPI of at least 8 in 10 point scale (70% marks)
- For admission in Science Departments, candidate should have MSc in Science with relevant discipline with first class or a minimum of CPI 6.5 in 10 point scale (60% marks)
Assistantship: Assistantship will be awarded to regular full-time students with valid GATE/NET score OR as per Institute rules may be awarded subject to availability of fund.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of written and/ or Personal Interview.
Exemption from Written test: UGC/ CSIR (JRF)/ NET/ Teacher Fellowship holder/ MPhil qualified applicants are exempted from written entrance examination.
The application fee is Rs 500 for General/OBC candidates and Rs 300 for SC/ ST/ PH category applicants. The fee should be paid through Demand Draft in favour of Director, NIT Silchar, payable at SBI, NIT Silchar.
How to Apply
- Candidates who wish to apply can download the application form from the website of NIT Silchar
- Admission seekers must fill in the form and pay requisite application fee.
- Applicants are required to enclose the application form and DD in an envelope super scribed with Application for admission into PhD program under _______________ Dept”.
- Aspirants should send the envelope comprising application to below mentioned address so as to reach within the prescribed closing date:
Heads of the respective Depts.,
Assam- 788 010
To attain more information, please CLICK HERE