VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE - 2018)
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE - 2018)
|About Exam||Exam Pattern|
|Important Dates||Eligibility Criteria|
|How to Apply||Syllabus|
|Know About VITEEE Exam||VITEEE-2018 FAQs|
|VITEEE-2018 Admit Card||Courses Offered Through VITEEE-2018|
Vellore Institute of Technology will be conducting VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) 2018 from April 5 to April, 2017 in 3 Sessions each day (Session 1- 9:00 am to 11:30 am, Session 2 - 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm and Session 3- 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm). Students seeking admissions to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programmes offered at VIT Campuses i.e. Vellore, Chennai, Amravati and Bhopal can apply for VITEEE 2018. The online registration for VITEEE 2018 has started from November 01, 2017. The offline application form of VITEEE 2018 will be available from November 9, 2017. Candidates can obtain VITEEE 2018 application form either in online mode or in offline mode from VIT campuses (Vellore or Chennai) and various post offices. Candidates need to submit the filled in application form of VITEEE 2018 before the last date. VITEEE 2018 is an online mode examination i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT) and will be conducted at as many as 124 test centres including Dubai, Qatar, Quwait and Muscat.
VITEEE is conducted for admissions to at least 20 B.Tech Programmes including Bio Technology, Bio-Medical, Civil, Chemical, Computer Science, CSE (with sepcialisation in Bio Informatics), ECE, EEE, EIE, IT, Mechanical (Energy Engineering), Mechanical (Automotive Engineering), Production & Industrial Engineering etc. The result of VITEEE 2018 will be announced by the last week of April 2018. Candidates who will qualify the engineering entrance exam as per the VITEEE cutoff 2018 and ranking will be shortlisted for admissions through counselling to be held in May 2018.
About VITEEE Exam 2018
VITEEE is the exam conducted by the VIT University for the admission in B.E. / B.Tech courses.
VIT University, formerly known as Vellore Engineering College is an Indian institute of higher education and a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. The university was founded in 1984. The institution offers 18 undergraduate and 34 postgraduate programmes. It has campuses both at Vellore and Chennai.
VITEEE Important Dates 2018
VIT University has announced Important dates of VITEEE 2018. Students can check the table below for keeping a track of VITEEE 2018 events -
Important dates of VITEEE 2018
Events of VITEEE 2018
|Online registration begins||November 01, 2017|
Availability of offline application form
November 9, 2017
Application correction window (online)
February 28, 2018
|Last date of application||March 15, 2018|
Exam slot booking window
Third week of March 2018
Third week of March 2018
VITEEE 2018 exam dates
April 4 to April 15, 2018
Last week of April 2018
First or Second week of May 2018
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2018
• Academic criteria - candidates who have passed class 12th board or Intermediate exams with minimum 60% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology are eligible for VITEEE 2018. However, for North East states and Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes students, the minimum marks criteria is 50% aggregate marks in PCM or PCB subjects. They must have completed their education in formal /regular/full time only pther than this, students from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2018.
• Age Limit - The students whose birth date is on or after July 1, 1996 are only eligible for VITEEE 2018.
Check here complete eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2018
How to Apply for VITEEE 2018
The application form of VITEEE 2018 is available in online mode from November 01, 2017 and candidates can obtain offline application form of VITEEE 2018 from November 9, 2017. Students can check below how to apply for VITEEE 2018 -
1. The online application form of VITEEE 2018 is available on the official website of VIT University
2. Students need to register and fill the VITEEE 2018 application form including educational qualification and personal details
3. After filling up the application form of VITEEE 2018, students need to upload photo and signature. After this, they can make the application fee payment of INR 1150 in online mode using Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking only.
Specifications for Photograph and Signature -
• Photograph - colored scanned copy of passport size photograph with dimensions 3.5X4.5 cm whose file size not more than 10 kb to 200 kb and file format should be JPG/JPEG only
• Signature - dimensions 3.5X1.5 cm, file size not more than 10 kb to 200 kb and file format should be JPG/JPEG only
Click Here to Apply for VITEEE 2018
The offline application form of VITEEE 2018 will be available at listed post offices as well as at VIT Campuses. Candidates can obtain the OMR application form of VITEEE 2018 after making payment of INR 1200 in cash.
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern of VITEEE 2018 mentions type of questions, timings, marks, sections, questions weightage, as well as scheme of marking. Check below complete paper pattern of VITEEE 2018 -
• Test Mode: Computer Based Test
• Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
• Sections: 4 - PCME/PCBE
• Marks Allotment: total 125 questions divided into 40 questions for PCM/PCB and 5 questions for English section
• Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions in each section
Important Points regarding VITEEE 2018
1. There is no negative marking in case of wrong attempts.
2. Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all the 14 programmes offered.)
3. Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology and Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics) programmes only.
4. The selection of pattern (Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics or Biology/English) can be decided at the time of slot booking.
5. All the questions will be mostly from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus only
Click Here to get Complete Details on VITEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
VITEEE Syllabus 2018
The updated syllabus of VITEEE 2018 is now available here. click on links below to download VITEEE 2018 subject-wise syllabus -
VITEE Results 2018:
• A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the VITEEE – 2018.
• There is no provision to send the marks of the candidates (selected or unselected) by post. At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS, if the mobile number of the applicant is provided.
• Since the machine gradable sheets are graded and scrutinized with extreme care, there is no provision for re-grading and re- totalling. The photocopies of the answer sheets will not be made available. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
After the annoucement of VITEEE 2018 Results, there will be counselling rounds for seat allotment of VITEEE 2018.
According to the estimates there are more than 1.5 lakh students set to take the exam across 200 test cities in India and abroad.
The result can be seen at www.vit.ac.in. The candidates can use their login Id i.e. application number and password to check their result for VITEEE 2018.
VITEEE Counselling 2018
• The counselling for admission of shortlisted candidates is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in the VITEEE-2018.
• A merit list will be available for qualified candidates and the candidates can check the counselling schedule for VITEEE 2018 either on official website of the university or on notice board of the university.
• Moreover, the university will be sending counselling schedule to qualified candidates through SMS and E-mail on their registered phone number and e-mail id.
• The common counseling procedure will be followed through single window counselling at Vellore and Chennai campus for all the B.Tech programmes offered in both the campuses of VIT University.
• Candidates who will be shortlisted for counselling should attend it compulsorily in person either at Vellore or at Chennai campus
• To take care of possible absentees, the number of qualified candidates is generally kept more than the number of seats available in VIT University.
• Merely qualifying the entrance exam i.e. VITEEE-2018 and attending the counselling does not guarantee admission to any students. They must fulfill the conditions of eligibility, All India Rank and availability of seats at VIT University
• Details of the various branches offered under the B.Tech programme in the current year, the total number of seats allocated for each branch at the time of counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre to enable the candidates to make their choice. Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted the branch
• The university is not responsible for information regarding counselling not reaching to the candidates. The qualified candidates should regularly check the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in for information as per the schedule
• No change of date / time of counselling is permissible. If a candidate does not personally appear before the Admission Committee for counselling on the date specified, his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in the order of merit
• However, due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he / she can attend on a subsequent date / time, after duly intimating the office, regarding this. But the candidate can only opt for the branch available at that point in time and cannot claim any other branch as per his/her original turn / seniority
• After the counselling for a particular day is over, the number of seats (branchwise) still available for allotment on the next day of counselling will be published in the website and will also be displayed on the notice board of the Institute for the benefit of candidates.
• If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he/she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to forego his / her seat.
Know About VITEEE
VITEEE is popularly known as Vellore Institute of technology engineering entrance examination is an annual entrance engineering examination conducted by the VIT University all over the nation. It is an exclusive entrance examination which is conducted by the University for All its B. Tech Programs in Vellore and Chennai as a part of its careful admission procedure.
There is a certain eligibility criterion for these examinations and it is extremely important for the students to follow the same. The conditions required are mentioned below;
Nationality: he/she must be an Indian Age limit: candidate should not be more than 22 years of age
Qualifying examination: candidates should either have completed or shall be appearing in qualifying examinations such as CBSE, ICSE, or 10+2 system of higher secondary by state boards
Eligibility criteria in the qualifying examinations; candidates must score an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, in the qualifying examinations. Candidates belonging to the SC/ST category or hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and North east India need an aggregate of 50% approximately.
Candidates can apply online as well as offline. It is also important to complete the application form and the hard copy of the same must be sent to VIT university via registered or speed post.
It is mandatory for the candidates to register on VITEEE official website and during this process the password shall be sent to the e-mail id of the candidate. The application form can only be filled up by logging in with the e-mail id and the password. If the fee is payed online then there is hardly any chance to obtain a demand draft payable at Vellore. By choosing online candidates can pay by choosing online payment option which can be further preceded through a debit or a credit card.
As far as the offline mode is concerned aspirants can obtain application form along the prospectus, information brochure for the B.Tech programs, and can submit the amount at the address mentioned in the brochure.
The institute also provides online test booking system is a web based scheduling system which is available at the university website. In this, candidates should choose the test city, date, and batch for exams. Bookings for the same are done on first come first serve. The password for the same is mailed to the candidates via e-mail and security and this is the only responsibility of the candidate. The password is required only for the purpose of booking a schedule.
Admissions to Courses through VITEEE 2018
School of Computing Science and Engineering (SCSE)
a) B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering
b) B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics)
School of Mechanical and Building Sciences (SMBS)
a) B.Tech - Civil Engineering
b) B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering
c) B.Tech - Mechanical with specialization in Energy Engineering
d) B.Tech - Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering
e) B.Tech - Production and Industrial Engineering
f) B.Tech - Chemical Engineering
School of Bio Sciences and Technology ( SBST )
a) B.Tech. Biomedical Engineering
b) B. Tech. Biotechnology
School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
a) B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
b) B.Tech. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
School of Information Technology and Engineering (SITE)
a) B.Tech. Information Technology
School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
a) B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
VIT Admission Procedure
The admission to VIT will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2016, conducted by VIT University. Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE 2016 are not eligible for admission. The candidates will be short-listed based on their entrance examination marks and will be called for the counselling.
You are viewing results from Articles.
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2020 out @ tnpscexams.in. Apply online now on direct link here. TNPSC Gr ...
UPSC NDA 2020 (1) Apply @upsconline.nic.in till 28 Jan: Get all the updates on UPSC NDA & NA (1 ...
CTET 2020 Notification to release soon at ctet.nic.in. CBSE is expected to announce CTET 2020 exam ...
MICAT 2020 registration for Phase II exam has been extended. Applicants can apply for the exam till ...
KTET 2020 Registration Last Date today at ktet.kerala.gov.in. Candidates can take final print out o ...
The registration for MAHCET commences from 10th January 2020. Know all about application fees, step ...
SSC CHSL 2019-2020 Online Registration till 10 Jan for LDC/DEO/JSA/SA/PA: In this article, we have ...
TANCET 2020 registration expected to start from January 07. Know the application process, applicati ...
MPSC Maharashtra Civil Judge 2020 Online Application Started @mpsc.gov.in. Check direct link here. ...
MAT 2020 exam eligibility criteria describe the set of rules adhering to which candidates can apply ...
Maharashtra TET 2019 Exam Date is 19 January 2020. The Maha TET Admit Card 2020 will be released on ...
IBSAT 2019 Exam Registration closes on 17th Dec. 2019. It is the last chance to seek admission in I ...
Students appearing for engineering entrance exams this year can check here the mistakes that need t ...
XAT 2020 registration to close on 10th December by XLRI. Find out how to apply for the exam, applic ...
AFCAT 2020 Notification: Online Application Started @afcat.cdac.in ...
SNAP exam registration begins today i.e. 16th August on snaptest.org. Know how to apply for the exa ...
MPPSC Notification 2019 released at mppsc.nic.in for 330 Vacancies. MPPSC Online Application Proces ...
Interested candidates can apply online through the official application portal of the Commission, w ...
ATMA exam registration for the Feb 2020 session begins in the 4th week of November. Check Important ...
ATMA 2020 Eligibility Criteria: AIMS announces the eligibility criteria for ATMA 2020 exam. Find ou ...