The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the NDA & NA (II) 2017 exam on 10 September 2017. The exam will consist of two papers, i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test, which is of 300 marks and 600 marks respectively.
The General Ability Test (GAT) consists of two sections – English (200 Marks) and General Knowledge (400 Marks). It means, out of the total 900 marks, the General Knowledge section alone carries more than 45% marks.
Due to this high weightage, the scoring in General Knowledge Section plays a key role in clearing the written part of the NDA & NA Exam. So, to score high marks in GK Section, we advise the aspirants to follow the below given eight strategies in a religious manner.
1. Know the syllabus: The area of General Knowledge questions is very vast and if one starts the preparation at the beginning he/ she can plan the topics and can study in an organized manner. Priority should be given to those sub topics from where most questions are expected every year.
2. Maintain Dairy: The best way to learn the historical events or factual data for Budget or important dates is write them down in your pocket diary. Revising them will help you to retain all the events in the mind.
3. Read Newspaper: Reading newspaper daily and making it as a habit will make your life easy for this section. Creating interest in finding the current events or keeping an eye for what is happening around the world will keep you ahead of others. ‘The Hindu’, ‘The Times of India’ are good newspapers to enhance your knowledge not only in current affairs but also in improving your english language. Magazines available in the market for current affairs are also beneficial. Some of the useful magazines are Jagran Josh Current Affairs monthly e-book, pratiyogita Darpan and Manorma.
4. Watch news channel: Watching anything leaves more impact on the human mind than reading. So following good English news channels will increase your awareness about the current events.
5. Find your Strength: Covering all the topics randomly is not a good idea. We need to select the topics according to the importance and the prior knowledge we have in a particular area.
6. Internet is your Buddy: Yes, if you have no time to take coaching classes then internet can become your mentor. As various websites are available to practice questions and detail information is provided by the websites to study the sub-topics thoroughly. Start joining online groups of current affairs to keep you updated or like some pages of current affairs on Facebook or other social networking sites. Jagarn Josh Current Affairs page on Facebook helps you in this endeavour.
7. Memory Technique: If you want to remember dates and events relate them with your family or friends birthdays. Various shortcut tactics are also available to learn the names of famous personalities. Even, creating your own Mnemonics like BHAJANA to remember the order and names of Mughal emperors will be helpful for the aspirants.
8. Online quizzes: Involve yourself in free mock online tests to evaluate yourself. This provides you a clarity about your preparation levels. Now-a-days, many websites and mobile apps provide free online quizzes with explanation. You can also check your ranking among thousands of aspirants who took the same test.
General Knowledge subject is taken very lightly by a majority of NDA aspirants. The candidates who are seriously preparing for the NDA & NA (II) Exam 2017 should devise an appropriate study plan by following the above given strategies for the next 100 days ahead.
Best Wishes from Team Jagran Josh!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.