We are providing here the Science paper of CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2019. Download the compelte paper in PDF. Also watch live video to know the reaction of students after writing the exam.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted the Class 10th Science paper on 13 March, 2019. Experts analysed the complete paper for the format of questions and their level, and found it to be an easy paper for the class 10 students who are writing their first board exam. Though a few questions in paper were a bit tricky, but one with good conceptual knowledge and strong basics could easily solve them.
As per the class 10 students, CBSE Class 10 Science Paper 2019 was easy and straight from NCERT.
In this article, we are providing the complete question paper of CBSE Class 10 Science Exam 2019.
Structure of CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2019:
- The question paper comprises of five sections – A, B, C, D and E.
- Question numbers 1 and 2 in Section-A are one mark question. They are to be answered in one word or in one sentence.
- Question numbers 3 to 5 in Section- B are two marks questions. These are to be answered in about 30 words each.
- Question numbers 6 to 15 in Section-C are three marks questions. These are to be answered in about 50 words each.
- Question numbers 16 to 21 in Section-D are 5 marks questions. These are to be answered in 70 words each.
- Question numbers 22 to 27 in Section- E are based on practical skills. Each question is a two marks question. These are to be answered in brief.
- Internal choice is given in sections B, C, D and E.
Paper carried a total of 80 marks and additional 20 marks are kept for Internal Assessment.
An Increase of about 33% in Internal Choices was observed in CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2019:
This year, in class 10 Science paper there was an increase of approximately 33 percent in the internal choices in all the sections.
Internal choices were provided for:
- 1 questions from Section B
- 3 questions from Section C
- 3 questions from Section D
- 3 questions from Section E
Class 10 Science Question Paper 2019 is provided below:
Section - A
1. If you could use any source of energy for heating your food which one would you prefer? State one reason for your choice.
2. Write the function of voltmeter in an electric circuit.
Section - B
3. What happens to the image distance in the normal human eye when we decrease the distance of an object, say 10 m to 1 m? Justify your answer.
4. List two different functions performed by pancreas in our body.
5. How it can be proved that the basic structure of the Modern Periodic Table is based on the electronic configuration of atoms of different elements.
The electronic configuration of an element is 2, 8, 4. State its:
(a) Group and period in the Modern Periodic Table.
(b) Name and write its one physical property.
Section - C
6. How can we help in reducing the problem of waste disposal? Suggest any three methods.
Define an ecosystem. Draw a block diagram to show the flow of energy in an ecosystem.
7. List three advantages each of:
(i) exploiting resources with short terms aims, and
(ii) using a long term perspective in managing our natural resources
8. What is a rainbow? Draw a labeled diagram to show the formation of a rainbow.
Next important paper for class 10 students under the ongoing CBSE Examinations is of Hindi subject whcih will be conducted on 19 March. For Hindi paper students should work on their writing and grammar skills. For this, they are advised to practice with previous years' board question papers and latest sample papers. Check important articles to make your preparations for CBSE Class 10 Hindi Exam easy and effective: