SSB Interview Tips : DOs & DON'Ts
Before the SSB interview, aspirants must complete themselves with Pre-interview preparations, which includes individual behaviour, hands eyes position, talking sense, discipline etc. In this article, we are providing all the minute details that the candidates must understand before SSB interview.
If the candidates are preparing well to clear the SSB process which is the second obstacle to become a Defence Officer then they need to check out various things. To reach the Zenith of their hopes and dreams preparation is not enough. Interview process or procedure needs to be understood completely so that candidates are prepared well for each step. As we all know, SSB interview is almost a 5 days process in which candidates are streamlined to choose the best.
Day 1 will be the screening test where rejections are more but if the candidates are confident then no one can stop them from excelling. Some of the important tips that the candidates must remember, are below given:
DOs in SSB Interview
• Keeping the records of all the documents is necessary because if someone fails to bring them then they will not be entertained further.
• “First impression is the last impression” we know the meaning very well; so the candidates should dress up neatly to look smart. Looking smart always gives confidence.
• Address the group as Gentleman, or friends. Knowing each individual with his/her name will help become friendly in group tasks as well where team work is essential.
• Day 1 will start with (OIR) Officer Intelligence Rating. The test will start early so candidates are advised to take proper rest a night before.
• PPDT round demands story from the candidates which should be creative and practical at the same time. Rules should be read carefully before attempting the test. Positivity is what all the candidates need while writing the story for PPDT which will not only look impressive but also tells about the candidates' personality.
• Errors in English should be practiced well before usage of correct tense is important. As competition is really high one silly mistake can drown the candidates. Usage of correct vocabulary while writing story will give the candidates an edge over others.
• The candidates should listen to instructions carefully which are given in psychological test; doubts should be clarified before the test. The candidates should be realistic and logical in response and managing time while doing the test is necessary.
• The biggest problem is that the candidates should not listen to understand, the candidates should listen to reply. So the candidates should be attentive while listening to others.
• The candidates should smile to make themselves presentable while speaking in front of public.
DON'Ts in SSB Interview
• The candidates should not bluff or write any false information in their document.
• The moment the candidates get nervous, judges will catch them and this will give an impression of their weakness in character while writing story. Everyone expect something out of the box and creativity.
• The candidates should not show their dominance as it will not work in group discussions. So, the candidates should not try to become a dictator which can be harmful for their scores.
• The candidates should not try to give coach/tutored ideas while responding to psychological test.
• The candidates should be themselves. If anyone tries to become smart then assessors can build a negative impression about their personality which can be very harmful in clearing the SSB process.
• In the group tasks, the candidates should not wait for the opportunity to come their way. They should grab the opportunity. No one gives a chance, we have to take it by ourselves.
• The candidates should not comment on anyone personally and they should not shout in group discussions.