The Pen & Paper based JEE Main-2015 is scheduled to be held on April 4, 2015, three days from now. Statistically, JEE Main-2015 is the biggest engineering entrance exam in India. All the NITs, IIITs, Centrally funded technical institutes (CFTIs) participate directly in the exam. Hundreds of private engineering colleges across the country also take admission on the basis of JEE Main-2015 ranks. JEE exam consists of two stages:
Stage–1: JEE Main–2015
Stage–2: JEE Advanced–2015
Date – April 4th, 2015 (Pen – paper based examination);
April 10th and 11th, 2015 (Computer based examination)
Pattern – One paper of 3 hours duration with 90 questions. 30 Questions each from physics, chemistry and biology.
Mode of exam – Online and offline, as per your choice.
Date – May 24th, 2015.
Pattern – Two papers of 3 hours duration each. Each paper has 60 questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Mode of exam – Pen and paper based only.
The exam consists of two papers:
- Paper-1 (B.E/B. Tech): Objective-type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Paper-2 (B. Arch/B. Planning): Objective-type questions in Mathematics as well as questions to test candidates' aptitude and drawing
Paper-1 (B.E/B. Tech) details:
- Duration of exam – 3 Hours
- Paper-1: Sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Total questions – 90
- Maximum marks – 360
- Marks for correct answer – (+4)
- Marks for incorrect answer – (-1)
Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Nagaland, Odisha and Uttarakhand are the states which accept the score of JEE Main exam. The overall registrations for JEE (Main) was more than 13 lakhs in the year 2015. For the candidates appearing in JEE Main-2015, it is important to score good in class 12th exam as the marks will be added (in percentage weightage basis) to JEE Main score for determining the rank in JEE Main-2015.