In the GAT of the NDA Exam, Current Affairs Section plays a major role. Hence, Jagran Josh is providing practice questions that cover July 2017. They will help the aspirants in the upcoming NDA (II) 2017 Exam. The questions are given below.
1. Name the India's first unmanned tank developed for surveillance, mine detection and reconnaissance of nuclear threats?
Ans. (b) Muntra
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on 29 July 2017 launched India's first unmanned tank Muntra (Mission UNmanned TRAcked) that was being developed in Chennai.
The tank was tested and validated at Mahajan field firing range in Rajasthan under dusty desert conditions where temperatures touched 52 C. The tanks will facilitate Indian Army in conducting unmanned surveillance missions.
2. Who of the following was recently conferred the Mohun Bagan Ratna 2017?
a) Climax Lawrence
b) Goshtha Pal
c) Subrata Bhattacharya
d) Sunil Chhetri
Ans. (c) Subrata Bhattacharya
Mohun Bagan on 29 July 2017 conferred former club captain and coach Subrata Bhattacharya with the prestigious Mohun Bagan Ratna Award at the club's annual day programme in Kolkata. The city football giant also felicitated India Women's cricket team veteran pacer Jhulan Goswami with a special award. On the other hand, former club striker Balwant Singh was awarded the Best Football Player of the Year prize.
3. The 2017 International Tiger Day was celebrated with which of the following slogans?
a) Fresh Ecology For Tigers’ Protection
b) Total Awareness
c) Together for Big Cat’s Protection
d) None of the above
Ans. (a) Fresh Ecology For Tigers’ Protection
The 2017 International Tiger Day was observed on 29 July 2017. The day is held annually on 29th July to give worldwide attention to the reservation of tigers.
In 2017, the International Tiger Day would be celebrated with the slogan Fresh Ecology For Tigers’ Protection. The goal of the day is to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and to raise public awareness and support for tiger conservation issues.
4. India’s first bullet train project MAHSR will be built with the help of which of the following countries?
Ans. (c) Japan
Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) or bullet-train project will be built with the help of Japan. Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Railway Project. It is India’s first high speed railway line project. It is a 508 km line project linking Mumbai and Ahmedabad. Out of the total project cost of Rs 97636 crore, Japan offered an assistance of over Rs 79000 crore.
5. Name the Indian wrestler who recently won the Bronze medal in Asian Youth & Junior Weightlifting Championships held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
a) Ambika Charan Guha
b) Vijay Chaudhary
c) Ajay Singh
d) Sushil Kumar
Ans. (c) Ajay Singh
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam memorial in which of the following towns in Tamil Nadu?
Ans. (d) Rameswaram
The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, on 27 July 2017 inaugurated the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam memorial at Pei Karumbu, Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu.
The PM unveiled the statue of Dr. Kalam, and offered floral tributes at Kalam Sthal. In addition, the Prime Minister flagged off the Kalam Sandesh Vahini, an exhibition bus which shall travel across various States of the country and reach Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on 15 October 2017, which marks the birth anniversary of the former President.
7. Which of the following nations recently declared Total Independence from IMF and World Bank?
Ans. (a) Bolivia
Bolivia’s President Eva Morales in July 2017 declared that his nation has achieved “total independence” from the IMF and the World Bank. President Morales declared the news on his official twitter account.
8. Which company launched its first Made for India chat messaging application called Kaizala?
Ans. (a) Microsoft
Microsoft Kaizala is a mobile app and service designed for large group communications and work management. Kaizala makes it easy to connect and coordinate work with your entire value chain, including field employees, vendors, partners, and customers wherever they are.
9. India won maximum gold medals in which category at the 6th Youth Commonwealth Games, held at the Bahamas?
Ans. (d) Tennis
The Indian contingent finished an impressive seventh in the recently-concluded 6th Youth Commonwealth Games at the Bahamas with a total tally of 11 medals including four gold, one silver and six bronze medals.
10. Which country won the 2017 ICC Women's World Cup?
c) South Africa
d) West Indies
Ans. (a) England
England on 23 July 2017 defeated India by 9 runs to clinch the 2017 ICC Women's World Cup. The final match was played at Lord's Cricket Ground in London. The win is England’s 4th title.
The 2017 Women's Cricket World Cup was the eleventh edition of the Women's Cricket World Cup, and the third to be held in England after the 1973 and 1993 tournaments. England’s Tammy Beaumont was awarded the Player of the Series title. She also made most runs (410) in the tournament.