Subject-wise Tips and Strategy for Preparation of LIC AAO 2019
Candidates who are going to appear in the LIC AAO exam are advised to go through the preparation tips suggested in this article. These tips will help them score good marks in the LIC AAO Exam.
LIC has issued the notification for 590 posts of Generalist, IT Officers, CA, Rajbhasha Officers, and Actuarial Officers on 2 March 2019. The last date of online application is 22 March 2019. The Prelims Exam will be conducted on 4 and 5 May 2019 tentatively. The candidates, who will qualify in the Prelims exam, will be called for the Mains exam. We have come up with some tips and strategies that will help the candidates in preparing for the LIC AAO exam in a better way.
Some Common Tips
The LIC AAO Exam 2019 is one of the most difficult exams in the banking and insurance industry. The candidates have to put much effort to crack this exam. To get the final selection in the exam, the candidates need to prepare well and for doing so, we have given some useful tips and strategies for the exam. Here are these tips:
- At first, the candidates should go through the entire Syllabus of the LIC AAO Exam so that they can get the idea what they need to read and what not to.
- Once, the candidates are aware of the syllabus, they should refer to the previous year question papers of the exam in order to understand the nature, quality and difficulty level of the questions asked in the exam. Later on, the candidates should practise from these papers.
- The candidates should not refer to the notes made by the other students. The candidates should make their own notes and they should revise it on a regular basis.
- Many a time, it is seen that the candidates change their books in between their preparation. They do it on the advice of others which is not good. The candidates are advised not to change the books during their preparation. They should study with the standard books only.
- The candidates should read the newspapers on a daily basis. This will help them in the preparation of the English section and the current affairs. Every student, who is preparing for the competitive exam, reads newspaper as a routine habit.
- The candidates should prepare a comprehensive note on each subject that is asked in the exam. Quant, Reasoning, English Language and General Awareness are the subjects that are asked in the exam. Making a comprehensive notes is very important.
- If possible, the candidates should enrol themselves for the test series to get constant practice without any fear of the exam. However, they can evaluate themselves on their own.
- The candidates should develop a time-table and stick to it with sufficient time for revision in between. Only study and no revision makes the preparation substandard.
- The candidates should read magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan and a good book on GK to prepare General Awareness portion well. They should also study the banking and insurance industry.
- The candidates should plan group studies but it is to note that the purpose of the group study should be to remain constructive from the exam point of view.
- The candidates should stay away from TV and mobile phones so that they can utilise their time in the best way. Excess of TV and mobile phones hamper the study.
- Last, but not the least, the candidates should keep themselves fit and fine. They should live stress free. This way, they can ease out the exam pressure.
Subject-wise Tips and Strategy
For the LIC AAO exam 2019, we are providing subject-wise tips and strategies. These tips are as follows:
Tips for English Language
English Language is one of the most scoring sections in any competitive exam. But, this year English language section is just qualifying. Though there is a minimum qualifying marks in this section yet the marks obtained will not be considered for ranking. The candidates should follow these tips for the preparation of English language section:
- The candidates should develop a habit of reading and writing. The habit of reading helps in having a command on comprehension while the habit of writing enables the candidates to crack the descriptive paper part in the exam later on.
- The candidates should work upon their vocabulary to make it strong and they should brush up all the concepts of grammar.
- The candidates should practise in a time bound manner which allows them in managing the time crunch in the exam.
- The candidates should appear in the mock test for the overall preparation of the section. This will also help them in analysing their strong and weak areas.
Tips to prepare for online computer based Bank exams
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
The questions in this section are from the topics of Number System, Ratios, Profit-Loss and Discount, Percentage, Average, Data Interpretation, Time and Work etc. For solving these questions, the candidates should follow these tips:
- The candidates should brush up the basic concepts of mathematics.
- Speed is the most important factor in mathematics section. If the candidates do not have the speed then they will end up with few questions left in the exam.
- The candidates actually commit a mistake by avoiding a certain type of question considering it to be worthless. This should not be done because we never know which question would reflect in the exam.
- The candidates should practise on a daily basis to get the required speed.
- The candidates should solve a mock test daily to get the overall preparation.
- The candidates should analyse their strength and weakness on a regular basis which can be done by themselves if they are solving the mock tests.
Tips for Reasoning
The questions in the Reasoning section are from the topics of Analogy, Input-Output, Classification, Syllogism, Inferences etc. For the preparation of the Reasoning Section, the candidates should follow these tips:
- The candidates should know the concepts of the topics of this section at first.
- The candidates should practise the topics on a daily basis since regular practise is required in this section just like mathematics.
- The Reasoning section requires mental alertness and logical skills. To be good at in this section, the candidates should understand the nature of questions.
Tips for Current Affairs
The candidates who are applying for the LIC AAO need to clear the Current Affairs section. The questions from this section can be easily solved if the candidates know the answers. To help out the candidates, we are providing some tips for this section:
- The candidates should read Current Affair eBooks. eBooks are specifically designed for aspirants looking for a complete guide in current affairs. These eBooks cover all major topics that happened during the year and the content is presented in a user-friendly way.
- The most effective and traditional way to prepare for the competitive exams is that the candidates should make it a habit of reading newspaper as it will keep them updated about the trending topics happening across the globe. Further, reading magazines can also help as it keeps you updated on weekly, monthly, half yearly and annual events.
- It is very helpful to maintain a dairy during preparation. This way the candidates can enhance their memory and can keep all the current affairs in their mind. It is also useful for the last time revision.
Tips for Professional Knowledge
The candidates who are applying for the LIC AAO posts need to clear the Professional Knowledge section also. This section is the comfort zone for the candidates because it is related to the specialisation of the candidates. Here are some tips to prepare this section:
- The candidates should go through the syllabus of their specialisation very well.
- They should practise the questions on a regular basis so that they can be ready for the exam.
- They should go through the previous year questions to know the pattern of the exam and prepare as per the trend of the questions.
It is believed that the candidates will surely get benefit if they follow these tips during their preparation. These tips are time tested and result oriented. The candidates may personalise these tips as per their requirements.