UPSC IAS Preliminary Examination Syllabus 2018
IAS Prelims Paper 1 Syllabus 2018 | 200 marks | Duration: 2 hours
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance -Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development -Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science & Technology
IAS Prelims Paper 2 Syllabus 2018 | 200 marks | Duration: 2 hours (Qualifying)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
(i) IAS Prelims Exam 2018 shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each
(ii) The question Papers will be set both in Hindi & English
(iii)The Questions will be of multiple choice, objective type
(iv) Paper 2 of Civil Services (IAS) Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%
(v) Each Paper will be of two hours duration. Blind candidates and the candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy where dominant (writing) extrmily is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) will; however, be allowed an extra time of twenty minutes per hour for each paper
(vi) It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (IAS) Prelims Examination for the purpose of evaluatation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
MORE ABOUT IAS EXAM 2018
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts the Civil Services Exam every year. The Civil Services Prelims Exam which is also called IAS Prelims Exam popularly among candidates is one of the most difficult exams conducted in the country due to its Syllabus and the competition involved.
In the whole process of the IAS Exam Preparation starts with the preparation and interpretation of Syllabus as given in the Civil Services Notification. Syllabus act as the guiding path for the candidates as it is the only torch bearer to the path to glory.
As the notification for the application of IAS Prelims Exam 2018 will be issued, the candidates need to start the preparation for the exam. On the basis of the Previous Syllabus, we can suggest that it is very unlikely that the syllabus will be changed as the present syllabus outline the whole gamut of things related to the Society and Nation.