100 Smart Cities to get Integrated Command, Control Centres by 15th August
The operational Integrated Command and Control Centres in 80 smart cities had functioned as war rooms for covid-19 management during the pandemic.
Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri announced on April 18 that all 100 smart cities will have integrated command and control centres (ICCCs). While 80 of these smart cities already have these centres, the remaining 20 will have operational centres by August 15, 2022. The Minister said this while speaking at the 3-day ‘Smart Cities, Smart Urbanisation’ conference that began in Surat on April 18th.
The Union Minister informed that the projects executed under the Smart City Mission are the fastest among government schemes despite Covid disruptions. He said that the work has started in almost all Government funded projects in Smart City Mission and they will be completed by next year.
The operational Integrated Command and Control Centres in 80 smart cities had functioned as war rooms for covid-19 management during the pandemic. The centres supported the cities' struggle to battle the pandemic by improving communication, enabling proper information dissemination, effective management and productive analysis.
What are Integrated Command Control Centres?
- The Integrated Command and Control Center (ICCC) will act as the “nerve center” for operations management in the city with day-to-day exception handing and disaster management.
- The Integrated Command Control Centres provide smart solutions to the city's municipal corporation and help manage safety and surveillance of the city.
- The centres comprise video walls for real-time monitoring, emergency response system, operations planning including critical ones and 24x7 manual maintenance.
- The centres are being established to enable smart living, smart environment, smart economy, smart governance, smart population and smart mobility.
- The centre will also provide valuable insights by processing complex data sets at an aggregated level to derive intelligence for improved planning and policymaking.
The Integrated Command Control Centres are envisaged to aggregate information across multiple applications and sensors deployed across the city and provide actionable information with appropriate visualisation for decision-makers.
The centres are at various stages of maturity in the cities that have started deploying them and it becomes imperative to gauge the maturity of the center's effectiveness using a standard methodology across the country so that investments made by cities result in benefits for the cities and its citizens in the future.
Read Also: Current Affairs Daily Quiz
Smart Cities Mission
Get all details about Smart Cities Mission here
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS