Six new ministers inducted in Telangana State Cabinet
Six new ministers were on 16 December 2014 inducted into the Telangana State cabinet by Chief Minister K Chandrasekhara Rao. They took the oath of office at the Raj Bhavan in Hyderabad.
Six new ministers were on 16 December 2014 inducted into Telangana State cabinet by Chief Minister K Chandrasekhara Rao. The ministers took the oath of office and secrecy at the Raj Bhavan in Hyderabad.
Before the induction of the new batch of ministers, there were 12 cabinet ministers in Telangana cabinet. Now, the total strength of the cabinet is 18, which is also the maximum permissible cabinet size in Telangana.
Moreover, the Chief Minister also revived the posts of Parliamentary Secretaries to accommodate a number of aspirants.
List of the ministers
1. Thummala Nageswara Rao (Former MLA of Khammam)
2. Charlakola Lakshma Reddy (MLA from Jadcherala constituency, Mahabubnagar district)
3. Azmeera Chandulal (MLA from Mulugu, Warangal district))
4. Jupally Krishna Rao (MLA from Kollapur,Mahabubnagar district))
5. Allola Indrakaran Reddy (MLA from Nirmal, Adilabad district))
6. Talasani Srinivas Yadav (MLA representing Sanathnagar, Rangareddy)
The Constitution (Ninety-First Amendment) Act, 2003
As per the Article 164 (1A) of the Indian Constitution, the total number of Ministers including the Chief Minister in the State Council of Ministers shall not exceed fifteen percent of the total number of Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLA).
The Article also provides that the number of Ministers including Chief Minister in a State shall not be less than twelve.