From this year onwards, SSC introduced a new trend of conducting an online examination for its CGL entry. SSC has introduced four tiers, namely as:-
- Tier-I: - It is comprised of 100 questions with total marks of 200.
- Tier-II: - It will be same as previous one but conducted online.
- Tier-III: - under this examination, A descriptive paper (Essay/Precise Writing) is conducted having 100 marks.
- Tier-IV: - A computer efficiency test is organized, in which candidate has to qualify.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is also conducting examinations online from this year onwards as IBPS and other banking examinations were conducted in past years. Online Examination has following benefits compared to offline exam.
a. Easier to conduct
b. It does not involve
a. Printing question papers,
c. Maintaining secrecy regarding the papers with a number of people involved in the process.
The implications between online and offline examinations is that now the mouse is the pen and the computer screen is the paper.
Online Examinations: How to tackle it with a selection?
As examinations are becoming online, the students have to prepare themselves accordingly to succeed. There are simple strategies, which can be followed to do this effectively:
• A Basic Computer User: Sometimes, Students from rural background think that to succeed in online exams, you need to know a lot of computer fundamentals. It is nothing like that, it is simple as everything will be provided to you and you simply have to follow the instructions.
• Consistent Practice of Subject Knowledge: Online Examination is also a test of subject knowledge as the offline papers were. Therefore, focus on preparation of subjects on which you are going to be tested rather than thinking about computer based test or offline test.
• Regular practice on Online Platform: - This is an important aspect of success in online examinations, because if you are familiar with the online examination pattern, it becomes easier to focus on subjects in the examination hall.
• Clutches on Time Management: With the computer clock ticking, there is no human involvements in keeping time, hence, wise and proper management of time is required. It is better to have a plan in mind regarding which section you are going to attend first and the order that follows.
- Follow Instructions Minutely: In an online examination,If you face any problem, immediately go to instructor. it is very important to follow instructions given by Invigilator since in case of computers; it is difficult to rectify any mistake.
- Attempt familiar questions first:- Always try to attempt easy/pre-solved questions first and complicated questions for review and difficult/unconventional questions leave unattempted as they will consume time and demoralize the appearing students.