Angela Nemeth, the 1968 Olympic Javelin champion of Hungary died in 5 August 2014 after a long illness. She was 68.
She won a Javelin throw gold medal in 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, Mexico with career best throw of 60.36meter. Till date, she is the only Hungarian woman to win an Olympic title in a throwing event.
• She was a winner of the European title in Athens in 1969
• She was named Hungarian Sportswoman of The Year in 1968 and 1969 after winning the Olympic title and the European title
• She also participated in 1972 Olympics in Munich, West Germany, but missed out on making the final by just 14 centimetres and finished at the 13th position
• She was also a Hungarian international basketball player
• She was born in February 1946
What: died at the age of 68
When: 5 August 2014
Why: after a long illness
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.