Conflicts of Interest: My Journey through India's Green Movement: Sunita Narain
The book titled Conflicts of Interest: My Journey through India's Green Movement was in news in the last week of November 2016 as it was acquired by Penguin India.
The book is Narain’s personal account. The book includes an “environmental manifesto” in which she lays out an outline for the direction India must take, if it is to deal with the exigencies of climate change and environmental degradation.
In the book, Narain goes on to discuss how corporate lobbies and political interests often scuttle effective resolution of environmental issues.
Who is Sunita Narain?
• Sunita Narain is an Indian environmentalist and political activist. She is also a proponent of the Green concept of sustainable development.
• She is Director General of the India-based research institute the Centre for Science and Environment, Director of the Society for Environmental Communications.
• She is also the Editor of the fortnightly magazine, Down To Earth.
• In 2005, the Government of India honoured her with the Padma Shri.
• In 20009, she was awarded an honorary Doctor of Science by the University of Calcutta.
• In 2016, she was named in 100 Most Influential People of Time Magazine.
• In 2016, she received the IAMCR Climate Change Communication Research in Action Award.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
PM Modi plans to connect with youth through his book to be published later this year
Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature authored by Jairam Ramesh launched
Mitchell’s book, Who Has Seen the Wind, returned to library after 52 years with apology note
India might become an educationally failed nation: Ganesh Devy