Current Affairs in Short: 06 December 2019
Saudi Aramco, the world's largest oil company, has raised USD 2,560 million (Rs 1.82 lakh crore) from the IPO.
Saudi Aramco announces biggest ever IPO
• Saudi Aramco, the world's largest oil company, has raised USD 2,560 million (Rs 1.82 lakh crore) from the IPO. It is the world's largest public issue.
• The previous record was named after China's e-commerce company Alibaba. It raised USD 2,500 million (Rs 1.57 lakh crore) through the US stock market IPO in 2014.
• Aramco fixed the IPO price at USD 8.53. Accordingly, the value of its 20,000 crore shares is 1.70 lakh crore dollars (121 lakh crore rupees).
First Mega Food Park of Central India inaugurated in Dewas
• This central India's first food park is spread over more than 51 acres. Its construction cost is one hundred and 50 crores.
• About five thousand local people will get employment from this mega food park. Soyabean, gram, wheat, and other food grains and vegetables will be processed in this park.
• A similar, warehouse would be started in Ujjain, Indore, Agar, and Dhar in the next phases.
Indo-Russia joint military exercise ‘Indra’ to be held
• India and Russia will conduct a joint military exercise ‘Indra’ from 10 19 December. The aim of this war exercise is to develop a mutual understanding regarding maritime security operations.
• It is a tri-service military exercise between Russia and India to be held at Babina, Goa, and Pune.
• Earlier, in 2018, Indra exercise was conducted at Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh under the aegis of the United Nations.
Mercy plea should be removed from POCSO Act: President Kovind
• President Ram Nath Kovind has expressed serious concern over the safety of women, saying that under the POCSO Act, there should have no right to file mercy petitions.
• The President was addressing a two-day conference organized by the Brahmakumari institution on women's empowerment.
• Also, the Home Ministry rejected the mercy petition filed by one of the convicts of the 2012 Delhi gang-rape case.
NATO summit held in the United Kingdom
• The NATO summit was held in the United Kingdom during 3-4 December. It was held in Watford, United Kingdom.
• It was established on 4 April 1949. It is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Initially, NATO had 12 members, now it has 29 member countries.
• The combined military spending of all NATO members is more than 70% of the world's defence expenditure.