The process of filing petitions for H-1B visa began on April 2, 2018 amidst strict examination by the Trump Administration.
H-1B visa is considered as the most requisite work visa among highly-skilled Indian professionals, who aim to work in the US.
• The petitioner should provide a copy of the beneficiary's valid passport.
• If the applicant wants an extension of stay or change of status, he or she will be required to present an evidence to establish that the beneficiary will maintain a valid non-immigrant status throughout the employment.
• Once the applicant appears before the American diplomatic missions for a formal visa interview and stamping on his or her passport, he or she would be required to show the details of the social media profile, emails and phone numbers in the last five years.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Rejection of the petitions
• The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the federal agency responsible for processing all H1B visas, claimed that there will be zero tolerance for even minor errors.
• USCIS also warned that all duplicate applications would be subject to rejection.
• It will also reject the H-1B petitions requesting an earlier employment start date or a start date of 'As Soon As Possible' or 'ASAP'.
What is a H-1B visa?
• The H1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows the US companies to employ foreign workers in occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise.
• The companies depend on this visa to hire tens of thousands of employees each year from countries like India and China.
• US has an annual cap of 65000 visas every year, as mandated by the Congress. However, the first 20000 petitions filed on the behalf of beneficiaries with a US master's degree or higher , will be exempted from the cap.
The H1B visa application process for the fiscal year 2019 will begin on October 1, 2018.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.