The Punjab government on 1 May 2013 announced to increase the minimum wages of unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled workers with effect from 1 March 2013.
Highlights of the revised wages
• The wages of unskilled labourers like chowkidaar, peon, and helpers have been revised from 5200 to 5695 Rupees per month.
• The wages of semi-skilled workers have been revised from 5980 to 6475 Rupees per month.
• The skilled worker like black smith and electrician having five year experience on un-skilled post will get minimum 7372 Rupees per month instead of 6877 Rupees.
• Wages of high-skilled like graduate, technical degree holder, truck driver has been revised from 7909 to 8404 Rupees.
• The wages of category-A staff like post graduate, MBA has been revised from 10370 to 10865 Rupees.
• Category-B Staff like graduate has been revised from 8700 to 9195 Rupees
• Category-C staff like under-graduate has been revised from 7200 to 7695 Rupees
• Category-D staff like matriculate has been revised from 6000 Rupees to 6495 Rupees per month.
It is Important here to note that the Punjab Government is all set to build labour sheds and night shelters in different parts of the state for the construction workers with the cost of 10 crore Rupees in the financial year 2013-14.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.