Tamil Nadu CM announced welfare schemes worth 1800 crore rupees
The state government approved five major schemes and they include opening of more AMMA canteens that provide subsidised food, housing for poor and setting up Reverse Osmosis plants for drinking water.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on 24 May 2015 announced development and welfare measures worth over 1800 crore rupees. The measures include improvement of roads and drinking water facilities and extending assistance to needy families headed by women.
The state government also approved five major schemes and they are
• Opening of more AMMA canteens that provide subsidised food
• Housing for poor
• Setting up Reverse Osmosis plants for drinking water
• In fiscal 2015-16, 3500 km road stretch will be taken for development under Tamil Nadu Rural Roads Development Scheme.
• Consent for a special housing scheme for the poor in town panchayat areas.
• Launched subsidised sale of Toor, Urad dhal scheme under which people will get Toor and Urad dhal at Government outlets at subsidised rates.
The measures were approved a day after Jayalalithaa began her fifth stint as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister. She was sworn in as the Chief Minister on 23 May 2015.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App