The NIACL AO Mains Exam is going to be conducted on 2 March 2019. The Prelims Exam or the Phase I Exam was held on 30 January 2019 and the result has been declared on 5 February 2019. Now, the qualified candidates will appear in the NIACL AO Mains exam. The Mains Exam syllabus contains Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, English Language, General Studies and the Subject-Specific questions in the related discipline.
General Studies is such a section where the candidates can score well if they read on a continuous basis and keep on revising the same. In this article, we are going to focus on the tips and strategies related to the GS sections.
GS section is of 50 Marks in the Mains Exam for the Generalist Cadre Officers and of 40 Marks for the Specialists Cadre Officers.
Before we discuss the tips and strategy for the GS paper of the NIACL AO Mains Exam, let us see the syllabus of the exam in detail. The GS Paper in the NIACL AO Mains exam has the following topics:
• Current Affairs (last 6 months)
• Banking Awareness Topics (Banking in India, Banking Terminology, Bank Headquarters, Slogans of Banks)
• Books & Authors
• Important Places
• Awards & Honours
• Headquarters of Important Organisations
• Schemes of Government
• Important Days
• Countries, their Capitals and Currencies
• Airports around the World
• Ports in India
• Superlatives in India and the World
• Abbreviations and Economic Terminologies
NIACL AO Mains Exam: How to Score Well in GS Section
The candidates know it well that the GS section is an important one in the Mains Exam of NIACL AO. So, all the candidates want to score a bulk in this section so that they can improve their overall score. However, this happens with a lot of hard work. In this article, we are providing the tips and strategies for the candidates to crack the GS section well.
The only smart and proven way to score well in GS section is to study well for the first time and revise a number of times before the exam. The candidates need to focus on the following areas:
- Read Current Affairs on a Daily Basis: The first smart way to score well in the GS section is to read the current affairs on a daily basis. This keeps the candidates interested in studying other subjects as well for the exam. The candidates should start their studies with the GS section and then they will find the things easier. The candidates should study the current affairs of the last 6 months and they must revise them regularly.
- Have a Regular Look at the Static GK and Economy: Static GK and Economy section are also important for the NIACL AO Mains Exam. The candidates should keep a standard book for this and they should start reading the topics of banking and economy from that book. For static GK, the candidates should go for previous year papers and they should try to find the relevant information on the internet.
- Constant Revision is the Key: The GS section is designed in such a way that the candidates need to have a constant revision in order to score well. This section is mastered by the candidates who have a good retention capacity and a sound memory. The candidates have to keep much information in their mind for a long time. So, what the candidates should do is to try to finish the first round of study fast so that they can go for extensive revision.
General studies section does not need much time to attempt the questions if the candidates know the answers of the questions well. Therefore, it is very important for the candidates to revise the section from time to time. If possible, the candidates should opt for the mock tests. This way the candidates can score well in the GS section.